Question about 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4WD
Hi! Its your lucky day! I have programming instructions right here! Under your steering column u will find ur DLC (Data Link Connecter) Its the data port that dealers and garages use to hook up to their computer. You will need a wire (jumper wire) that is thick enuff to carry a low voltage. And ground wire to bare piece of metal. ok here are the instructions MAKE SURE IGNTION IS SWITCHED OFF!
1) Jump DLC terminal 1 and ground.
2) Within 10 sec.. switch ignintion to ACC position and then back to OFF 3 times.
3) Doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration mode.
4) Press and release remote transmitter LOCK button
5) Within 10 sec Press remote transmitter LOCK button twice. Doors should lock and unlcok to confirm registration. If registering 2 remotes within 1 minute carry out button procedure for additional transmitters. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm registration
NOTE: to exit programming mode: switch ignition to ON. Also a MAXIMUM of 2 transmitters can be programmed at a time.
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2012 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country
2. Fasten your seat belt ( fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may
confuse you during this programming procedure.)
3. Place key into the ignition.
4. Turn the ignition to the ON position ( DO NOT START THE ENGINE )
5. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a working remote.
6. Continue to hold the UNLOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than
10 seconds, then press and hold PANIC button.
7. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons. The chime indicates the system
is in program mode.
8. Press and release both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneoulsly on the remote
to be programmed.
9. A single chime will be heard. The chime indicates the the remote was recognized.
10. Within 4 seconds of hearing the chime, press and release any button on the remote
11. A single chime will be heard The chime indicates the remote has been programmed.
12. Repeat steps 8 to 11 for a total of 4 remotes.
13. Turn the ignition to the OFF position or wait 60 seconds to exit program mode.
Jul 02, 2012 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Mar 01, 2011 | 2003 Dodge Durango
Feb 02, 2011 | 2003 Dodge Durango
Sep 05, 2010 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Nov 02, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Durango
Jul 09, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Durango
Mar 25, 2009 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Oct 16, 2008 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
885 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: