this is covered in the FSM. best is to ask a lock smith, (no kidding)
it is also cover at all 3 top online fsm sites (vitrual fsm)
and chiltions online.
the tumbler just dont fall out, it has protections from thieves (weak)
most cars, you must remove the key assembly
the pull the tumble pin, hidden and blocked by the mounted assembly.
those are generic words.
the steps can vary if car has steering wheel, vert adjustment option.
here is a non Air bag quote
Without Air Bag
The ignition switch is located on the lower part of the steering column.
- Place the ignition in the LOCK position.
Ignition/dimmer switch assembly
- Remove any components necessary to access the switch.
- Remove the two switch mounting screws.
- Disconnect the switch from the rod.
- Disconnect the wiring and remove the switch.
- On non-tilt columns:
- Move the ignition switch slider to the OFF unlocked position (move the slider all the way down, then back two clicks). The remote rod hole in the ignition switch slider should now be centered.
- Insert the remote rod in the ignition switch slider hole and install the ignition switch on the steering column. Tighten the attaching screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- On tilt columns:
- Insert the ignition key in the lock cylinder and turn the cylinder to the OFF unlocked position.
- Move the ignition switch downward to eliminate any slack and tighten the attaching screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Install any components removed for switch access.