Question about 2001 Toyota RAV4
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
try changing the power steering oil, if you can access one of the hoses and disconnect one to drain, refil and try again, there are additives thet clean and lubricate as well
Posted on Dec 01, 2009
Ok without knowing the RAV intinmately, below is the link with pics.
You will need a basic tool kit and drain pan and if its your first time a little bit of patience!
Posted on Mar 06, 2010
the cabin filter is behind glove box, open glove box an release it so it opens farther to get to filter ( should be release clips at sides of glove box)
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
you need to remove the rear seat to get to it, just keep in mind the system is preasurized, which in english means you need to loosen the fuel filter in the front of the car first, "THIS IS CRITICAL" if not you will cause gas to get all over the interior. The 96-00 rav4 has a hatch under the carpet, under the seats in the rear. it is a pain to get to, once you remove the seats and carpet you will see it. I would recomend you bring it to a dealer if you dont know what you are doing. But if you are like me and figured what the hell, then you will want to take these steps first...
1. Let the car sit for a long period of time, about 3 hours or more.
2. Have a low amount of fuel, do not have a full tank
3. loosen the gas cap
4. Remove the intake, and the fuse box,
5. Loosen the top nut on the fuel filter under the hood to let out the remaining pressure, do not loose the O rings. This is a good time to replace that filter too, it is about 30 bucks from toyota.
6. open the hatch in the rear,
7. remove the electric feeds from the pump.
NOTE: YOU CAN REMOVE THE POWER FROM THE PUMP AND START THE CAR TO TAKE OUT THE PREASURE, BUT I FOUND IT BETTER TO DO IT MY WAY DUE TO WHAT IT TAKES TO START IT AFTER YOU DO THIS.
8. line the floor of the rav with Plastic, bags, or cardboard, or something.
9. remove old pump
10. install new pump
11. Re attach the fuel filter or install new filter
12. get car back together enough to start it, make sure you have all the lines connected, if not gas will get everywhere...
Good Luck, it was a FUN adventure to do this...
Posted on Aug 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2015 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
Nov 19, 2010 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
Jan 11, 2010 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
Dec 14, 2009 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
Dec 01, 2009 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
Oct 12, 2009 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
Jul 01, 2009 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
Apr 11, 2009 | 2001 Toyota RAV4
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: