ok , (killed?)
there are 6 spark plugs, it will take all 6 firing to run
are all 6 sparking, called a spark test.
BTW1, the ECU will not inject fuel if it even suspects spark is bad.
it has 3 monitors for spark, if one dies, fuel is cut and in many case
the fuel pump too, all cars. (fire safety)
so SPARK is first.
- check spark? if spark is dead.
- then Insert the diagnostic jumper clip (paper clip )
- in to the check terminal.
- and then crank for 5 seconds.
- Got DTC errors (flash codes) for CMP, or CKP dead? or spark dread codes. ? BINGO?
- The ECU will tell you most times if spark is bad. and why.
ever do a 60,000 mile tune up in the last decade?
if not , maybe now is that magic moment?
fuel can burn weak or no spark.
the 60k also nets you a new fuel filter .
check spark directly at the the coil too....not just the 6 spark wires.
if the coil sparks and not the 6 that means the cam belt slipped.
(hard to believe a chain can but see 2 like that, owner was deaf)
if you have spark, then test fuel works
spary it in now.
that means the fuel pressure is low.
if you get this far,the rest is easy, ask.