Question about 2000 Nissan Altima
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2000 nissan altima
your cv joint is bad. Instead of fixing the cv joint it is actually easier and cheaper to have or replace the entire axle your self. Because it comes with a cv joint and you get a new axle also.
Posted on Feb 02, 2009
I just replaced the driver's side headlamp on my 2000 nissan altima. The manual advises you to take it to a dealer or details a long process which involves removing the bumper protector -- none of this is necessary. I am not mechanically inclined and a coworker and I did it on a lunch break. Here's how:
1) Disconnect the battery by loosening the nuts that attach both the positive & negative contacts.
2) Once loose, slide off the contacts. At the base of the battery (closest to front of the car) there will be another nut that you'll need to remove (this loosens a clip which holds the battery in place)
3) Once loosened, lift out the battery which will enable you to see the headlamp connection.
4) There is a white plastic ring that attaches to the headlamp connection. Twist this to the left (about a quarter turn).
5) Once you have loosened the white ring, you should be able to gently pull out the headlamp assembly.
6) Remove the headlamp from the socket by pushing on the plastic arm which will release the lamp from the socket (sounds confusing, but once you have the piece in your hand it will make sense)
7) Insert the new lamp into the socket & slide assembly back into the hole. Note. There is a groove in the assembly which will align with a notch in the headlamp frame...you can see this by looking through from the front of the headlight cover on the outside of the car.
8) Replace the white ring and twist to the right to secure in place.
9) Replace the battery & bolt you remove.
10) Replace the positive & negative connectors (hint: don't forget to replace the plastic battery cover before you attach the connectors).
Hope this helps...let me know how you make out.
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
Most of the time there is an inlet screen/filter in fuel tank attached to fuel pump. But there should be another filter between tank and fuel rail. it should be located on the firewall, so if you work backward from an injector toward the gas tank you will bump right in to the filter along the way.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2016 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Feb 22, 2013 | 2000 Nissan Altima
Jun 28, 2012 | 2000 Nissan Altima
Feb 16, 2012 | Nissan Altima Cars & Trucks
Dec 27, 2010 | 2000 Nissan Altima
Jun 16, 2009 | 1998 Nissan Altima
Oct 14, 2008 | 2001 Nissan Altima
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: