Headlamp Adjustment —Screen Method Aiming
Horizontal aim is not necessary for this vehicle and is not adjustable.
Consult your state's vehicle inspection manual for recommended tolerance ranges for visual aiming.
NOTE: The sight shield may need to be positioned or removed for access to the adjusters.
Before starting headlamp assembly adjustment:
Park the vehicle on a level surface approximately 7.6 meters (25 feet) from the vertical wall or screen directly in front of it.
- Check the tire inflation.
- Check that no other load is in the vehicle other than a half tank of gas.
- Check that the headlamps are clean.
- Check for correct headlamp operation.
- Check that the vehicle is on level ground.
- If the vehicle is equipped with air suspension, make sure the switch is on.
- NOTE: The vertical wall or screen must be a minimum of 2.4 meters (8 feet) wide.
NOTE: The center of the lamp is marked by a 3 mm (0.12 in) circle on the headlamp lens.
Mark a horizontal reference line on the vertical wall or screen.
- Measure the center of the headlamp height to ground and record.
- Make a 2.4 meters (8 feet) horizontal mark (masking tape) on the vertical wall or screen at the same distance from the ground as previously recorded.
NOTE: This procedure should be done in a dark environment to effectively see the headlamp beam pattern.
Turn on the low beam headlamps to illuminate the wall or screen and open the hood.
NOTE: The appearance of the beam pattern may vary between vehicles.
On the wall or screen, locate the high intensity area of the beam pattern.
The appearance of the beam pattern may vary between vehicles.
Identify at the top edge of this high intensity area a distinct horizontal cutoff in the beam pattern. If the top edge of this cutoff is not even with the horizontal reference line, the headlamp beam will need to be adjusted.