Question about Honda Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
Starter Removal and Installation
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped), then write down the audio presets.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, then disconnect the positive cable.
3. Remove exhaust pipe A.
4. Remove the intake manifold bracket.
5. Remove the harness clamps (A) and harness connector (B) from each clamp.
6. Remove the two bolts securing the starter, then remove the starter from the engine.
7. Disconnect the starter cable (A) from the B terminal. Disconnect the connector (B) from the S terminal, then remove the starter.
1. Install the starter cable (A) and connector (B). Make sure the starter cable crimped side of the ring terminal faces away from the starter when you connect it.
2. Install the starter, then loosely install the upper mounting bolt (A) and lower mounting bolt (B).
3. Tighten the upper mounting bolt, then tighten the lower mounting bolt.
4. Install the harness clamps (A) and harness connector (B) to each clamp.
5. Install the intake manifold bracket.
6. Install exhaust pipe A. Use new gaskets (B) and new self-locking nuts (C).
7. Connect the positive cable to the battery first, then connect the negative cable.
8. Start the engine to make sure the starter works properly.
9. Enter the anti-theft code for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped), then enter the audio presets.
10. Set the clock.
Posted on Dec 22, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2016 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2015 | 2007 Honda Civic 1.8
Mar 31, 2014 | 2007 Honda Civic GX NGV Sedan
Mar 31, 2014 | 2007 Honda Civic LX
Jan 26, 2014 | 2008 Honda Accord
Nov 25, 2013 | 2007 Honda Civic 1.8
Mar 03, 2012 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Mar 02, 2011 | Honda Civic Cars & Trucks
Oct 24, 2008 | 2007 Honda Civic GX NGV Sedan
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!