I replace the fan clutch and i still have the code p1481 what does that mean? 2002 chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2 Thanks You! Arthur Tyler
TSB#05-06-02-012B: Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine Light On, DTC P0480, P0526/P1481/P1484 Set (Replace Engine Cooling Fan Wiring Harness) - (Oct 19, 2006)
Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine Light On,
DTC P0480/P0526/P1481/P1484 Set (Replace Engine Cooling Fan Wiring Harness)
Some customers may comment that the Service Engine Soon (SES) or Check Engine light is illuminated. This condition may be intermittent and upon investigation, the technician may find either DTC P0480, P0526, P1481 or P1484 set.
This condition may be caused by the cooling fan harness chaffing against the plastic guide it routes through. This
contact may damage the insulation of the wires enclosed in that harness.
Replace the engine cooling fan harness using the procedure listed below.
1. Remove the cooling fan. Refer to the Cooling Fan and Shroud Replacement procedure in the Engine Cooling sub-section of SI.
2. Place the cooling fan assembly on a bench.
Disconnect the harness electrical connector from the cooling fan clutch.
3. Remove the harness from the plastic guide while feeding the wires out of the slot.
4. Before installing the new harness, wrap the affected area on the wires with electrical tape to keep the protective sleeve in place. Be sure to keep the tape approximately 25 mm (1 in) away from the connector so the wires can be fed into the slot.
5. Feed the wires into the slot and install the harness to the plastic guide.
6. Connect the harness electrical connector to the cooling fan clutch.
7. Install the cooling fan. Refer to the Cooling Fan and Shroud Replacement procedure in the Engine Cooling sub-section of SI.
Part Number 89024920
Harness Assembly, Engine Cooling Fan Wiring
Thank you for using fixya.
Apr 29, 2010 |
2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer