Question about Ford Cars & Trucks
Could be anything or everything ,from a coil pack to the alternator producing too much voltage ,best advice is to ask in a local garage .
Posted on Dec 17, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same issue on my 99 Trooper.
It would usually start when completely cold, but idle around 2k RPM.
It would drive fine. But if I shut it down, ran into a store, and came back out, it would start but immediately idle.
Had to ride the gas a little to get it into gear.
The Check Engine light has been going on and off for 6 months or so.
I took this to my local trusted repair shop (no Isuzu dealers within 200 miles).
The diagnosed the light, and found that the Intake Gaskets were bad or leaking.
The idling problem was related to the car not being able to control the amount of air coming in.
They replaced the Intake gaskets by the next day, and I haven't had a problem since. And no more check engine light, which has been on half a year.
Here's some details from my bill:
(1) Intake Gasket set $107.95
Misc materials $21.00
2.1 hours of Labor
The total cost to me was $345.00, and I definately don't feel gipped.
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
have your idle speed sensor cleaned,also checkd the air flow sensor located in the air cleaner housing,you best bet is to have it scanned for PCM soft codes(codes that wont turn on the check engine light on)
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you, we will check this out when we get back to Florida in October. Thanks again."
Replace first, the fuel filter if this has not already been done. You may have a plugged filter, and these are very inexpensive. If this does not resolve the issue, locate the MAS (mass airflow sensor) located between the throttle body and the air filter housing. Start the car and let it idle normally; with a screwdriver handle or other such small tool, tap the mass airflow sensor (small black unit; will have a wiring harness hooked to the side of it); if the car dies, stalls, hesitates; first purchase MAS cleaner at the local auto parts dealer - specifically ask for Mass Airlflow Sensor Cleaner. It will should cost between 7-12 bucks - but you wont need the whole can - however, when using it: (if the car does not die, stall or hesitate and the idle stays the same, than the sensor is not bad) If it does however:
1. Remove the MAS (disconnect wiring harness) you may need to pull the top end of the air filter housing off.
2. Spray inside the sensor generously from both ends ensuring it's entirety is sprayed. Let stand for 15 minutes to airdry.
3. Re-install the sensor and start car. If there is still no improvement and the car hesistates, 1. Ensure the air filter as well is in good repair, and that there is nothing causing any air flow restriction between the airfilter and the throttle body.
4. If the airfilter is good, and there are no restrictions to air flow, consider replacing the MAS, however if you can get the car to the auto parts dealer, or to a technician (who may charge; auto parts dealers usually don't) have them run a diagnostics test on the car.
5. At this point, if cleaning the sensor has made no improvement, and the car stays idling, does not hesitate when tapping the sensor, the air filter is good, the fuel filter is good - then the next step is to replace the fuel pump.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on Sep 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2014 | 1993 Ford Festiva
Jan 29, 2013 | 2001 BMW 330
Jan 23, 2011 | Dodge Ram 2500 Cars & Trucks
Jan 10, 2011 | 1993 Ford Festiva
Dec 26, 2010 | Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Cars & Trucks
Nov 21, 2010 | Chevrolet Silverado Cars & Trucks
Aug 06, 2010 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks
Nov 09, 2009 | 1993 Ford Festiva
Feb 25, 2009 | 1991 Ford Festiva
Sep 19, 2017 | Ford Cars & Trucks
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!