Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I'm not sure if this a freeze plug - but you look

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Cars & Trucks Master
  • 502 Answers

Photo is not sharp....looks like a no to me.....

Posted on Dec 14, 2016


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to replace freeze plug

use a punch or a freeze plug remover and knock it out of the cylinder head or block. make sure you drain the cooling system first otherwise there will be a massive mess. clean off seated surface of cylinder head or block with crocus cloth, apply a thin layer of grease on either freeze plug or on the seating surface and use the freeze plug installer to knock the freeze plug back into place.

Aug 28, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Cant find freeze plug on 2000 nissan altima

It is and check under the exhaust manifold for other one.

Feb 06, 2014 | Nissan Sentra Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the freeze or expansion plug on my 97 honda 1.4litre engine

Take it to you local dealer and they can test it for you.

Dec 08, 2013 | 1997 Honda Civic

1 Answer

I replaced a freeze plug on my 95' dodge intrepid and I still have water leaking. Is there a freeze plug in the back of the engine by the flywheel? If so what do i have to do to change it or where would...

Do you see where the water is comeing out? If its a freeze plug missing it should be gushing out. Are you sure its a freeze plug and not a radiator or a hose ,,,,Look for leaks while car is running and after you shut it off

Feb 17, 2011 | 1995 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

My freeze plug is leaking. 2002 Explorer Sport Trac ... where is it? how can I do it on my own? I am college student with no resources - so i really need some free help here.

Drain the coolant first. Then remove the old freeze plug by drilling a hole in the center and pop it out. Then put a new freeze plug with RTV around the the edges of the new plug. The best way to install the plug is to get a socket that fits inside the freeze plug to drive the plug in. (Make sure you drive it in straight) otherwise it will leak. This will take about 45 minutes to an hour. The RTV you can buy at a local parts store with the freeze plug.

Dec 23, 2010 | 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

1 Answer

Do i have to remove transmission to replace freeze plug on 1996 gmc sierra 5.0 vortec engine

Usually you can get rubber freeze plugs and if the freeze plug that is in the very back is leaking you will see the water coming from between the bellhousing and block - just be sure it isn't leaking above that and just looks like it is coming from the freeze plug between the block and tranny.
I would for sure check with a local mechanic first and let them see if it is just a heater hose or something above it. Usually a freeze plug goes for life.
Thanks for choosing Fix Ya

May 26, 2010 | 1996 GMC Sierra

1 Answer

Freeze plug?

yes there is a freeze plug there

Mar 01, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

Rusty anti freeze came pouring under my 2005 dodge caravan

I hope you're not driving it...They're called freeze plugs, and they are for when you have added too much water (not enough anti-freeze) to the system and it gets too cold, the freeze plug should pop out before the block cracks (very expensive). The extra water content also helps the plug to rust. They're relatively cheap, and not too hard to replace (if you can get to it without pulling the engine). I'm not sure about the Dodge, but most plugs are a press fit, meaning you simply put the plug up to the hole (make sure the old plug is out), take a small block of wood to evenly distribute the force to push the new plug in, and tap it in with a hammer until it is flush with the block. And make sure to fill your radiator with a 50/50 solution of water and anti-freeze...

Aug 16, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Caravan

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

14 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

80531 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

15360 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides