Question about 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
SOURCE: Water pump on 2005 Chevy Equinox
Water pump is locate on the front center of the engine.
I will rate water pump change as a 7/10 in difficulty scale.
You should check for special tool(s) requirement from the library before you start.
It's a good time to change the drive belt at the same time.
50/50 coolant mix is fine.
If you haul heavy load or in cold climate then bump it up to 60/40 mix
DO NOT FORGET to find or draw the belt routing diagram before you undo the tension.
A 30 second sketch will save you a lot of time.
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
SOURCE: 2005 Chevy Equinox, LT
at 60k, if it aint been done,do the lot.....filters oils.....antifreeze.....belts.....timing belt. then you have another 60k before you have another big bill.....
Posted on Jul 09, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the help. I didn't realize that it would need a timing belt so soon."
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2015 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Mar 15, 2014 | 2007 Chevrolet Chevrolet Equinox LT
Dec 05, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Jan 25, 2012 | 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS
Sep 09, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Jan 14, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Dec 25, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Jan 19, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Aug 24, 2009 | Chevrolet Equinox Cars & Trucks
Feb 23, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
May 07, 2018 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!