Question about 2003 Nissan Altima
I have a 2002 Almera and the key will open the central locking if inserted in the door but the lock and unlock buttons on the key will not control the central locking. I have tried to get the car into program mode following the instructions to insert the key into the ignition six times in 10 seconds etc but the car will not enter program mode. (I am performing this correctly as I have successfully completed this on my daughters 04 Almera) Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be and how to solve it?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2016 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Nov 14, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Jun 11, 2015 | Nissan Almera Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 16, 2014 | 2001 Nissan Almera Tino
Oct 25, 2012 | 2002 Toyota 4Runner
Mar 12, 2012 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Dec 18, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Xterra
May 19, 2009 | 2005 Peugeot 405
Remote Control Fob Procedures:
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and emergency hazard reminders.
When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed:
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Next, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. Wait 2 seconds then the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds.
i hope this can help you.. :)
Jul 28, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Sentra
2,083 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: