Question about 2005 Honda Civic
Neither is your code, what you have is the serial number of the radio that will allow the radio code to be generated!
contact this link for the code and how to enter it: Car radio codes in Uxbridge London Gumtree
Posted on Dec 11, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Honda Civic 2001 Radio Code
HAVE TO FIND OUT WHY MY 2003-2005 HONDA CIVIC RADIO DOES NOT WORK. REMOVE BATTERY LAST WEEK AND RECODED THE RADIO. WORK FOR A FEW DAYS AND IS DEAD TO THE WORLD. HOW CAN I TAKE THE RADIO/CD UNIT OUT OF THE DASHBOARD WITH EASE. HOW CAN I TAKE THE RADIO/CD OUT AND IN ?
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
ok your radio displays ERR , OK 3 options let it sit for an hour turned on , to reture to CODE display , or pull the radio fuse out for a minute and put it back in , returning to the CODE display , or disconnect the battery for a minute , returning to the CODE display . you got the ERR display because the code was wrong or not entered correctly , make your choice of getting the radio back to the CODE display by 1 of those 3 choices , while the radio displays CODE , use the preset buttons , if the first number of your code is 4 , then press the #1 preset button 4 time , when the first number has been input , put the 2nd number in by pressing the #2 prest button , if 2nd number of code is 8 , press the # 2 preset button 8 times till the # 8 is displayed , and so on . you see where this is giong ? when you have entered all the numbers correctly you will have you radio back . when you say you have the radio code , good luck ! were rooting for ya .
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
SOURCE: CODE RADIO HONDA CIVIC 2000
I CAN GO ONE STEP FURTHER. IT IS IN YOUR GLOVE BOX:) YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT:) IT A STICKER IN THERE NOT LABELED JUST A 4 OR 5 DIGIT CODE:)
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2011 | 2005 Honda Civic
on Jul 29, 2010 | Honda Civic Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2010 | 2005 Honda Civic
Aug 10, 2009 | 2005 Honda Civic
Jun 27, 2009 | 2003 Honda Civic
Jun 18, 2009 | 2005 Honda Civic
May 05, 2009 | 2004 Honda Civic
Jan 19, 2009 | 2005 Honda Civic
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: