Question about 2005 Dodge Durango
My 2005 durango has an alarm that must be turned off by pressing the unlock button until it beeps twice, then the car will start. is there a way to disarm this alarm? my fob is not working and the car will not start, it will only scream!!!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2005 dodge durango key fob
Hello and thank you for choosing fixya.com. I would suggest taking your vehicle to a local auto parts store and request to have a diagnosis done. (while auto stores vary, this is usually a free service and only takes a couple minutes to complete) to see if any codes are brought up. If so, the representative can tell you what the codes mean, and what needs replaced or repaired. Let them know of the situation. Even if no codes show up, ask them to clear the codes. If this does not work, do the following. 1: make sure that the batter in your key fob is inserted correctly, and that it is the correct size and type. 2. Disconnect the + Positive cable on your battery. This will reset your the vehicles computer. Maybe this will allow the vechile to code up with the fob. If not, I would take it to dealership, or backto an auto part store for further assitance.
I thank greatly for choosing fixya.com. I hope this information is useful to you and helps you get your fob working again. Let me know if you need further assistance, or have any questions or comments. Feel free to rate this information at your earliest convenience.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
you may have to disconnect the battery for a minute or so ,this will reset the alarm. check your remote it does have a battery in it. otherwise you have to look for a fuse somewhere under the dash close to the fuse box.each one is diff. depending if it original toyota or aftermarket alarm.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
SOURCE: keyfob problem
try changing the fob battery .the freelander has a fob low battery warning tone that will start after the alarm has been deactivated by the fob with a low battery and will stop after the key is switched to acc. for any one wanting info on problems with freelander , goto this web site . http://www.myfreelander.co.uk/
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for the reply, we will try the battery change, hope it is that simple"
Daimier Chrysler North American Remote Keyless Entry Programming procedures
Program Method A (Customer Program Method)
1. Press (LOCK) button 5 times at 2 second Intervals to resynchronize transmitter, Attempt to function transmitter, If working as designed discontinue programming.
2. Turn ignition to run position, (Allow Ignition chimes to stop).
3. Using any original (working )transmitter, press the [UNLOCK] button for 4 to 10 seconds.
4. Within the specified 4 to l0 seconds, continue pressing the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button for 1 second and release both buttons (AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
5. Press [LOCK] and [UNLOCK] buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release (a short chime will sound for AN/DN).
6. Press and release any button an the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter (locks will cycle for AN/DN).
NOTE.- (FOR DR ONLY) A CHIME WILL NOT SOUND ON STEP #6 FOR THE FIRST TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMED, BUT WILL SOUND UPON PROGRAMMING THE SECOND TRANSMITTER.
7. Repeat steps 5 through 6 to program additional transmitters.
8. Turn ignition to OF:F position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds (30 seconds for AN/DN and RS). (All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified).
Posted on Nov 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 13, 2016 | 2006 Ford Taurus
Oct 12, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
May 18, 2014 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Mar 15, 2014 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Jun 12, 2017 | 2000 Dodge Stratus
Dec 31, 2010 | 2008 Nissan Frontier
Feb 28, 2010 | 2004 Hyundai Tiburon
Feb 14, 2010 | 2005 Acura MDX
Oct 06, 2009 | 2005 Nissan Altima
203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: