Question about 1991 Toyota Pickup
Just got a 91 4cl toyota pickup 4wd. After the engine warms up when I come to a stop with the brake depressed the engine idles rough, low surge then sudden drop in power with a mild shake.
Now if I let my foot off the break the roughness goes away and the idle speed goes up. Unfortunatly I dont have a tach, but it sounds in the 1500rpm range.
I assumed it was a leak in the vacuum system between the engine and master cylinder/brake boster and replaced those hoses, but with no luck. After replacing the hoses the problem is less pronounced but still exists.
HI, i would advise to check the following areas for faults. replace any part that is fouled or malfunctioning.
1. Check the air filter- This device may be clogged or dirty. replace if visibly fouled.
2. Check the fuel pressure regulator- pull the vacuum hose of the regulator. if there is gas in it, replace the fuel pressure regulator.(if there is no fuel present in the lines, move on to the next check point)
3. Replace the fuel filter and, check the voltage at th fuel pump. you should get 12V at the pump. if its lower than twelve, chekc the ground for corrosion as well as the entire wiring harness as well. all the way to the relay for fualts.
4. Check the Intake Manifold Gasket for worn or damged edges. this ware and tare will cuase leakge. replace this gasket if found to be fouled in any way.
5. Check the freash air intake hose. this hose may be clogged or damaged.
6. Last but not least, check the injectors for leaking seals and, correct pulse as well. replace any injector with a weak pulse or , leaky seal.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2014 | 1986 Toyota Pickup 4WD
Mar 05, 2014 | 1993 GMC Sierra K1500
1994 Lexus ES300: Engine Idles Rough and Dies? http://whatisbyme.blogspot.in/2012/05/1994-lexus-es300-engine-idles-rough-and.html
Stalls And Dies At Stop Sign? http://www.howtobyme.blogspot.com/2012/07/stalls-and-dies-at-stop-sign.html
Car dies when gas pedal is pressed? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/car-dies-when-gas-pedal-is-pressed.html
These help links will help you to troubleshoot and solve the issue.
Oct 21, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 21, 2011 | 1994 Toyota Pickup
Feb 03, 2011 | 1989 Toyota Pickup SR5
Dec 04, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD
Jun 16, 2009 | 1991 Toyota Pickup
Mar 20, 2009 | 1991 Nissan Pickup
Jan 19, 2009 | 1991 Toyota Pickup
963 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: