Question about 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander

1 Answer

A.C. Stopped working.

Was driving down road and smelled electrical burn. Stopped and removed fuse, when I got home and replaced fuse to duplicate problem A.C. would not come on, burning smell gone.
How do I get a.c. working again?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 11,896 Answers

You will need a new pump.

Posted on Jul 17, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

BURNING SMELL AND CAR SHUTDOWN


Not good. Better have that car checked out asap by a qualified electrician since you have a nasty situation there. Smells like a massive short has invaded your car.

Aug 22, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. We were driving down the highway yesterday afternoon and our A/C was working fine, then halfway through our drive, it stopped blowing cold air then went to hot air. It started...


I would take it to an accredited ac specialist shop if you have to. The burning plastic smell is from a shorted wire ( ac compressor solenoid or thermostat under the dash)

Aug 10, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Burning smell no overheating stopped running


I would start looking at the wiring try to follow the smell it should at least get you real close.Could be a fusible link?

Mar 26, 2013 | 2002 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

I have a 2004 Chevy Cavalier. A couple of months ago, just after starting the car one day, the 'check engine' and 'trac off' lights both came on. I immediately shut off the car, waited approximately 5...


Well it's temping to put in biggfer fuses as the problem gets worse but the size of the fuses are to keep you from burning things up so you've from your probem with a 30 amp smoke test. The raditor fan wire is melted somewhere in the wire harnes to the wire for the trck lock or even key on circirts. the likly place to look is inside the stering collum. It takes the skills of removing the steering whel and the lcok plate and even then thats does'nt have to be where the problem is. You need to look under the dash after you remove the covers and use you nose to smeel for the burnt wiring and open up any thing the smells like it's been hot and anything the appers melted together. once a harness is found melted you need to seragete all the wires in the loom but don't cut the wires justy seaparte them. once you think you've got then all pulled apart so no bear wires touch each other or any meal parts put in the correct size fuses and see if you can connect the battery with out a spark. if you can you may then start checking to see what works and what does'nt.. This all sounds like too much work or too hard to do then you'll need to pay someone theat knows alot about car wiring problems to do it for you. I'll been doing this kind of work for the last 20 years and a'm alawys finding new things that are fried and burnt up. We all charge by the hour to do this work so the most experieced mechanic that works on cars like yours will probly find and fix the problem the fastest. therefore they may charge more per hour but their likly to get it right quicker and it'll stay fixed after they fix it.. This is the most likly kind of work to go sour after it's fixed cause they might miss a circuit that you use and they did'nt try. and as soon as it burns again it's back to the drawing board and if big fuses are use the fire can take the whole car.

Apr 26, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

1 Answer

1998 chevrolet silverado 2 days ago my heat stopped working while driving down the interstate late at nite .air now blows cold & only comes from only the defrost. also the radio stopped working at the...


check the resistor connector sometimes burns if hvac is left in the same possition all the time. For safty reasons hvac always goes to default witch is defrost. Pop out the glove box and check resistor is right there, also radio and hvac wiring is in the same harness. PS hvac, heating,ventilation,air conditioning. good luck Kirk, fe6fc

Apr 02, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

1 Answer

3.5L v6 2004 kia sorento driving down road and sputtered to a stop , will start however it quits after very few seconds. if you spray fuel through air filter you can keep it running. full tank of fuel...


Hello sit in side turn key to on position do not crank engine you should hear a grunt sound like grrrrr this is your fuel pump if you do not hear this your fuel pump is not working and will need replaced .The smell your smelling is that of high either spray in your engine.

Jan 06, 2011 | 2004 Kia Sorento

1 Answer

Lincoln digital dash electrical problem


You can take the car to Autozone or Oreillys for a free scan.

If you happen to need a digital dash, you can get one at a Salvage yard. Since you mentioned burned wiring, your car insurance may cover some of the repair under fire insurance. Give them a call.

Most likely since the A/C and radio worked, they are okay. The failure could be the dash display.

Sep 30, 2009 | 1996 Lincoln Town Car

1 Answer

Bad sounds, bad smells from 94 ford explorer


Sounds like you may have a vacuum line off or ruptured going to the EGR valve. The burning smell is probably the catalytic converter. When the engine runs rich you will get a sulfur smell that smells sort of like rotten eggs.

Mar 15, 2009 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited

1 Answer

Headlights won't work


relay was stuck.  Now you replace the relay and a few burnt fuses and the burnt wiring.  You should have fixed this at the first warning sign of a problem...sadly, now you pay the price for not doing so.

Mar 03, 2009 | 1999 Buick Regal

2 Answers

Burning smell when I drive in 1993 Honda Civic 4 door


some times clutch palate and brake bads makes smell,
even if you forget to release hand brake.

Oct 23, 2008 | 1993 Honda Civic 4 Door

Not finding what you are looking for?
2003 Mitsubishi Outlander Logo

Related Topics:

187 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mitsubishi Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75744 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22114 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8123 Answers

Are you a Mitsubishi Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...