Question about 2003 Chevrolet Venture Passanger

1 Answer

I have a 1996 Chevy pick-up 1500 and I have to use starting fluid to initially start it. After that it runs great. What could be the problem?

Posted by on

×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 396 Answers

I would start by changing the plugs, wires and fuel filter.

Posted on Jul 17, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

1996 Chevy Silverado 1500 - truck doesn't act like it's getting fuel to start. Battery, starter, plugs and fuel filter are all good. Why won't it turn over?


If it doesn't turn over, that tells me the starter is bad.

However, if it is turning over but not running over time, then I would try some starter fluid in the throttle body to see if it runs in lieu of gasoline.

If it does run on starter fluid, then it may have a bad fuel pump.

Jul 05, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

1 Answer

My 93 4.3 1500 takes spells where it wont start , ...


Check the fuel lines and make sure pressure relief cap is tight. try a new fuel filter.

May 20, 2010 | 1993 Chevrolet C1500

1 Answer

Chevy 1500 1996 won't go


transmission gone bad or low fluid if leaking,you still need to know what the code means ,does the check engine light is on,but doesn't seem to be the engine.

Feb 25, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet K1500

1 Answer

1996 Chevy 5.7 1500 van will not start


Dont ever spray strting fluid in a gas engine you can ruin the rings.MAF is probably bad.

Sep 24, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet Express

1 Answer

My truck runs great after it is started. the problem is that i have to use starting fluid to initially start it. i have replaced the wires, spark plugs, and fuel filter and it still does this. other than...


LISTEN TO HERE IF THE FUEL PUMP CYCLES IN THE TANK FOR 3 SECONDS WHEN YOU PUT THE KEY IN THE RUN NOT START POSITION? I WOULD RUN A FUEL PRESSURE TEST FIRST TO SEE WHAT THE PRESSURE IS IF **** BELOW SPECS IT WILL CAUSE THIS PROBLEM 90 % OF THE TIME ? THE OTHER 10% ITS CLOGGED INJECTORS OR ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS FROM ECM TO INJECTORS , THEY ALSO SELL THESE LITTLE FUEL INJ NOID LIGHT YOU UNPLUG THE WIRE TO THE INJECTORS AND INSTALL THESE LITTLE LIGHTS THEN TURN OVER THE TRUCK TO SEE IF THEY FLASH IF THEY DO LOOK TOWArd the fuel filter or pump

Aug 24, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet C1500

2 Answers

Truck will not start initially.


go to cfmtech.com this company knows whats up

Aug 19, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet C1500

1 Answer

96 chevy 1500 suburban wont start


check the catalytic converter i had the same problem with my suburban and mine was a clogged converter.

Jan 19, 2009 | 1996 GMC Suburban

Not finding what you are looking for?
2003 Chevrolet Venture Passanger Logo

49 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76630 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22219 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8514 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...