How to reset the keypad on my 2004 navigator
You must have the original code to change it, if u do here is how you do it.
KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM
With the keyless entry keypad, you can:
• lock or unlock the vehicle doors without using the key,
• release the liftgate glass,
• enable or disable the autolock function, and
• add or delete a 5–digit personal user code.
Your vehicle has a factory set 5–digit code that operates the keyless
entry system. You can also program your own 5–digit personal entry
code. The factory-set code is located:
• on the owner’s wallet card in the glove compartment,
• at your dealer,
• or on the module located under
the right-hand side of the
instrument panel, adjacent to the
passenger compartment fuse
Note: The 5–digit code (e.g. 12345)
will be in large, BOLD numbers on
the module label.
When pressing the controls on the keyless entry keypad, press the
middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.
Programming your own personal entry code
To program your own code:
6. Enter the factory set code (keypad will illuminate when pressed).
7. Press the 1 • 2 control within five seconds of Step 1.
8. Enter your personal 5–digit code.
Enter each digit within five seconds
of previous one.
9. After the code is entered, the
locks will cycle, confirming that the
new code has been set.
Do not set a code that includes five of the same number or presents
them in sequential order. Thieves can easily figure out these types of
Your personal code does not replace the permanent code that the
dealership gave you. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. If a
second personal code is entered, the module will erase the first personal
code in favor of the new code.
If you wish to erase your personal code, use the following instructions:
1. Enter the factory set code.
2. Press the 1 • 2 control and release.
The system will now only respond to the factory set code.
Nov 25, 2009 |
2004 Lincoln Navigator