Question about 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier
this going to be a long one I'll start with water deflector
1.remove trim panel
2.remove seat belt assembly
3. remove tape from deflector and door inner panel
4. remove deflector from inner door panel using a wide flat bladed tool to break the hot melt sealer bond
1. remove the power door lock switch from the trim panel
2. remove lock knob and bezel
3. remove screw and reposition or remove the remote mirror bezel
LOCK KNOB AND BEZEL
1. remove cover
2. remove remote control bezel retaining screw
4. remove knob from lock rod by prying with a flat bladed tool
4. remove knob
5. remove bezel
1. remove switch from trim panel using a small flat bladed tool
2. disconnect wire connector from switch
1. remove water deflector
2. raise window to fully up position and tape window to door frame using cloth backed body tape
3. punch out the center pins of the regulator rivets then drill out rivets using 1/4 inch drill bit
4. move regulator rearward and disconnect wire harness from motor disengage roller on regulator lift arm from window sash channel
5. remove regulator through rear access hole
6. secure regulator arm to regulator by inserting a bolt through holes in the regulator and sector gear then attach a nut to the bolt
7. using a 3/16" drill bit drill out motor attaching rivets and remove motor from regulator
1. install motor to regulator with 3/16" rivets or 3/16" nuts and bolts
2.remove nut and bolt securing regulator arm to regulator.
3. then install by repeating the removal
hope this helps it's not as hard as it reads
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if the metal that covers the inside of the door doesnt come off you've got a job ahead of you but if you can get it off by drilling out the rivets this makes everything so much eaisier
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
Louis, go to site 'hondapartscheap' southbay honda, enter your honda info, they have great diagrams of body and engine parts, and prices aren't too bad either. Let me know if u have any trouble accessing info there.
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
You can get a free online repair manual at autozone.com. It is free to register and gives you a repair manual for your entire car.
Those window motors are kinda tricky. Mostly just hard to get at.
Disconnect the wire harness.
Than remove the 3 bolts that hold the motor and bracket.
Remove motor from bracket.
Posted on May 23, 2009
I was able to complete the installation, but with modifications. The essential part of the process is being careful with the removal of the existing motor and taking care to remove the regulator hub assembly without moving it or having the wires un-spool. The only other issue was the rubber gromments used during the factory installation of the window motor. The metal thread collar within the gromments fuses to the bolt making it nearly impossible to remove the fasterners. The trick is to cut the rubber grommet away and fabricate your own rubber-ized isolation fasteners. I was able to do this with some plumbing washers, new screws and fender plates held in place with nylock nuts. This was not too diffucult a project, just needed to excercise care.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 15, 2011 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Unfasten the bolts (1) and remove window regulator
NOTE:By removing window regulator motor, gearing shifts, it is not centered
For replacement part carrier assemblies, the gearing is secured in place with a cable tie (1)
Dec 09, 2010 | 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio
Nov 09, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche
Aug 28, 2009 | 1999 Audi A6
Jul 30, 2009 | 2000 Mitsubishi Galant
Jul 02, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
May 23, 2009 | 2003 Mazda MPV
Apr 05, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
237 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: