sit in the car
point remote at the mirror ir sensor (1995)
press remote twice and within 30 second
insert key and turn to drive position
if you don't havemirror mounted ir sensors
point at your sensor location
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are using the key without un setting the alarm using the key fob this will happen. I'm presuming you have the key fob? If so replace the battery in it and resync by pressing lock 4 times in succession.
This model year comes equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go, which uses an electronic transmitter in the key fob to communicate with the car. The vehicle's doors will not unlock and the vehicle will not start if the key fob is not matched to the vehicle or if the commonly-available watch battery in the key fob has been depleted. The EVIC will flash a message upon vehicle startup if it determines that the battery in your key fob is low on charge and should be replaced.
To open the doors, try the following:
1. Use the spare key fob that came with the vehicle. If the battery in your main key fob is depleted, the spare key fob's battery may still retain charge due to its much more occasional use.
2. The key fob comes with an emergency key inside of it. To remove the emergency key, slide the mechanical latch on the back of the key fob sideways with your thumb and then pull the key out with your other hand. This key will allow you to unlock the driver's side door and glove compartment. It will not start the vehicle.
To start the car with a severely-depleted key fob battery, try the following:
1. In case the ignition switch does not change with the push of a button, the RKE transmitter (Key Fob) may have a low or dead battery. In this situation a back-up method can be used to operate the ignition switch. Put the nose side (side opposite of the emergency key) of the Key Fob against the ENGINE START/STOP button and push to operate the ignition switch.
To replace the battery in your key fob, try the following:
1. Remove the emergency key from the key fob following the directions above.
2. Using a vinyl spudger tool or a flat-bladed screwdriver, gently pry the two halves of the key fob apart at the indented slot above the slot for the emergency key.
3. Replace the depleted battery with a new battery. Use the depleted battery to visually match the size. The battery is usually available wherever watch or hearing-aid batteries are sold.
4. Snap the key fob back together and replace the emergency key. If the issue is a depleted battery, your key fob should operate normally.
If the issue is not related to the state of the battery, you will probably need to contact your local dealer for service.
Check the low beam fuse in the fuse box, usually a 20A. If the fuse is blown/shorted during the replacement of the battery, your lights won't work. Replace the fuse if that's your case. Hope this helps.
You say that your key fob does not unlock the car. Try to open the door ordinary and try to start the car. If the car wont start means that your key fob has lost the program and needs re-programing. The other option is either you by any case confused the key fob with the standard key which is only to unlock the doors. The last senario is when you have opened the key fob to check the battery lost the microchip and that is the reason for not starting. Check following my advice. Good luck.
hi, this message is warning you that the battery in the key fob is going flat if this battery goes totally flat you wont be able to start your car as its this signal from the key fob that turns the imobiliser off so with out this fob your car wont start so its best you get the battery changed sooner rather than later.
Let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok
i presume little led in fob flashes when button pressed. Key needs to be initialised. Put key in door lock or ignition barrel and press unlock button watching led on dash, this should flash. remove key from lock, remote should now work