Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if you have the large cover over the ventwork on the pass side you will need to remove that cover ( some dont have the cover) there will be a narrow door with two 5.5 mm screws holding it in remove the screws and the access door 1 filter will be there and the other will be beside it
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
You should get instructions on where to put the air filter when you purchase new ones. I think that it is under the dash on the passenger side. There should be a cover underneath the glove box with screws holding it in place. This thing takes two air filters so Chevy can milk more money out of you.
Posted on Oct 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | Chevrolet S 10 Cars & Trucks
Jul 08, 2011 | 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Sep 01, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Jun 13, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Dec 06, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jun 27, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Jun 26, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado
Mar 07, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!