Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Cant get my dipstick in 84 fordf150 5.8 with flowtech headers how do I get it back in

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Cars & Trucks Expert
  • 267 Answers

You can use a tube bender to make bend it to fit back in

Posted on Apr 25, 2015


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where do I add the transmission fluid?


Oct 23, 2012 | 1996 Mercury Sable

1 Answer

I have a 2003 standard toyota corolla, i cant find a dipstick for the transmission fluid. is there one? and i had my transmission changed about 4 months ago on a road trip, paid cash, so therefore cant...

there will be no dipstick for a standard transmission,only easy way is to go through a drive through oil change place,& ask them to check it. Or get a shop manual for that car, or you could crawl under the car & locate the filler plug on the transmission.remove the plug & add oil once the oil starts too run out of the fill plug it is full.

Apr 09, 2011 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 84 trans am with a 305 the dipstick tube

You can see it from the under side of the engine. Its in the side of the block.

Nov 07, 2009 | 1984 Pontiac Firebird

1 Answer

Where is the transmission fill on the 84 4WD Toyota Tercel

Normally the fill for the tranny is the dipstick tube,usually located back by the firewall. Quite often it is marked on the stick or a plate near the stick. You will now when you find it because the fluid on the stick is red. DON'T POUR DOWN THE ENGINE OIL DIPSTICK TUBE !
Once you've found it , you will need a long skinny funnel to get it in the tube. DON'T OVERFILL !
If you don't have a funnel go to parts store and get one and the person behind the counter will probably be willing to help you find the location of the tranny stick.
( SPECIAL NOTE : I wrote this just like you didn't know anything about cars, PLEASE FORGIVE ME if you do )

Hope This Helps,

Oct 17, 2009 | 1984 Toyota Tercel

1 Answer

700r4 on camaro leaking like crazy!

It sounds like a uneven mating surface
is it a turbo 350 tranny?

Jul 28, 2009 | 1984 Chevrolet Camaro

3 Answers

Cant find the transmission dipstick

No dipstick because its a sealed transmission...kinda sucks. Im having the same issue...

Jun 18, 2009 | 1997 Isuzu Rodeo

1 Answer

1984 chevy s-10

With an '84, it's likely that you can make this conversion, providing it is within your state inspection allowable mods, otherwise you can't. Most header manufacturers make a complete system front to back...follow their advertized pipe diameters if you want to make your own. When adding headers, don't expect a huge performance or mileage gain... This can be obtained by careful research and matching a total system including carb/FI, manifold and camshaft changes. In "fine tuning" and proper matching of these items, you can get the best performance possible. Aside from that, a normally aspirated smallblock chevy will usually respond best to a 1 7/8" header tube diameter W@ith a 3" or slightly larger collector, unless you are using a really radical cam and huge carb & intake.
Good luck with your project!!!

Apr 20, 2009 | 1984 Chevrolet S-10

1 Answer

Dipstick tube came out and i cant find the hole to put it back in

Some times the tubes rot off. Make sure you look where the tube pulled off the block there's a small hole on the side of the block the tube goes into. If it rotted off you will have to replace it just make sure you get the other piece out of the hole.

Mar 24, 2009 | 1995 Pontiac Grand Am

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

18 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers

Randy Ohler

Level 3 Expert

14585 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides