Question about 1993 Cadillac Eldorado
Posted by Anonymous on
Until you restore power on dash (all the info is stored on the chip) the only way is to request full record by the car's VIN..
Posted on Apr 24, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Error Codes
These may have been set by the battery change and are what GM calls phamtom codes, clear the codes with the following.
Try this and see if the codes go away.
1. Re-enter diagnostics via the climate control panel and after all the codes appear you will see .7.0
2. Simultaneously push and hold the OFF and HI (^) buttons on the climate control panel until you see E.0.0 and release both buttons.
3. Turn ignition key OFF, Wait 15 seconds and re-enter diagnostics and see if the codes reappear. If they do NOT reappear, You are good to go.
After you have done this try starting the engine and see what codes re-appear, also run and OBD 2 test of the system at the diagnostic connector, this will give P codes that we are better able to find definitions for, the E codes are unique to just a few GM cars.
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
The negative number means the car should have had it's oil changed that many miles ago. Oil life starts at 100% for new oil & counts down every 10%. At 15% the display will always show, which means it's near time to change the oil.
usersteve83, your oil may have been changed but the timer not reset. Reset the timer as shown...
1. Turn ignition to the "ON" position. (do not start engine)
2. Press SEL/RESET repeatedly until the oil life indicator is displayed.
3. Press & hold the SEL/RESET for about 10 seconds until it blinks then let go of the button.
4. Press the SEL/RESET again for about 5 seconds or until the oil life indicator resets to 100%.
Wrench = Maintenance Minder: Symbol letter & number...
Symbol A - Relace engine oil.
Symbol B - Replace engine oil & filter, Inspect front & rear brakes, Check parking brake adjustment, Visually inpest the tie rods, suspension components,driveshaft boots, brake hoses & line (including ABS), all fluid levels & their conditions, exhaust system, fuel lines & connections.
Symbol 1 - Rotate tires.
Symbol 2 - Replace air cleaner element (dusty conditions every 15K miles) & replace dust & pollen filter (behind glovebox) every 15K miles if mainly dusty or city driving.
Symbol 3 - Replace transmission fluid.
Symbol 4 - Replace spark plugs.
Symbol 5 - Replace engine coolant.
All above are taken from the 2006 Civic EX owner's manual.
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2015 | Jeep Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2012 | 2002 Volvo S60
Jul 15, 2011 | 2006 Toyota Corolla
Jun 08, 2011 | Toyota Avalon Cars & Trucks
Jun 12, 2010 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Jul 30, 2009 | 2004 Toyota Camry Solara
Apr 23, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
Apr 22, 2009 | Toyota RAV4 Cars & Trucks
Mar 20, 2009 | 1993 Mercury Cougar
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!