Question about 2002 Mazda Protege
1. Remove all spark plugs so that the crank shaft could be rotated easily.
2. Rotate the crankshaft to align the timing mark of the crankshaft gear with the index mark on the engine cover.
3.Rotate the crankshaft +/- 30 degrees to ensure that the valve could not hit the pistons when aligning the camshaft gears.
4. Align the camshafts as described below.
5. Align the crankshaft timing gear with the index mark.
6. Loose and lock the timing bearing at its farther position. Install a timing belt starting from the crankshaft gear, then right cam, then left cam, and at last the timing bearing.
7. Press and hold the timing belt to keep it firm on the gears and loosen the timing bearing. It will get adjusted by itself with the help of spring attached to it. Do not put extra force on the bearing to adjust it more.
8. Confirm the timing marks.
Posted on Apr 27, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2014 | 2001 Mazda Protege
Oct 03, 2014 | 1998 Mazda Protege
Oct 30, 2012 | 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK
Mar 03, 2010 | 2003 Mazda Protege
Dec 16, 2009 | 1992 Mazda Protege
Nov 12, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Sep 01, 2009 | 1992 Mazda 626
May 12, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Nov 30, 2008 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Oct 29, 2017 | 2002 Mazda Protege
263 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: