Question about 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
I have a 2008 model Equinox and my SUV has electrically assisted power steering. I had to have my truck jump started once and the garage guy hooked up the cables across the fuse that controls this steering unit. In my case this took out the 80 AMP
fuse in the motor compartment area. I had only manual hard
steering until I replaced this fuse. If you still have the SUV
with this problem, it could be just a fuse. Good luck.
Posted on Feb 05, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The Chevy Equinox has an 80 Amp mega fuse that tends to fail and cause all sort of power steering and Stabilitrak issues. Before I messed with the belts or power steering pumps, I would check the fuse first.
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
SOURCE: How to Fit a Cabin Filter
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
from the service manual:
There is no onboard programming procedure for this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote. Please go to the nearest GM dealer for assistance
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
the power steering fluid resevoir is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment near the fire wall. mostimes in order to fill it you have to remove the altenator to remove the fill cap to add the fluid.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2013 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT
Sep 25, 2013 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dec 05, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
The Body Control module (BCM) detects that the traction control switch has been pressed (signal circuit is low). The Body Control module (BCM) sends a serial data message to the EBCM in order to disable traction control. The IPC receives a serial data message from the EBCM requesting illumination. The BCM sends a serial data message to the radio in order to activate an audible warning.
Your best bet is to take it to a ASE certified an qualified repair shop ,that has the diagnostic tool to fix this problem .
Jun 17, 2012 | 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS New Cars
Jul 30, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
May 11, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Mar 26, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Jan 29, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Nov 02, 2008 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Feb 24, 2017 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: