Removal & Installation
The halogen fog light bulb contains gas under pressure. The bulb may shatter if the glass envelope is scratched or if the bulb is dropped. Handle the bulb only by its base. Avoid touching the glass envelope.
The headlight bulb should not be removed from the headlight assembly until just before a replacement bulb is installed. Removing the bulb for an extended period of time may affect headlight bulb performance. Contaminants may enter the headlight assembly where they can settle on the lens and reflector. Never turn on the headlights with the bulb removed.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
NOTE: Make sure that the headlight switch and the ignition switch are in the OFF position.
- Remove the pin-type retainers, screws and the air deflector from the radiator.
- Remove the three bolts and the headlight assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the cover from the rear of the headlight assembly.
- If equipped with HID, release the spring tabs to remove the low beam bulb, otherwise disconnect the electrical connector and remove the bulb.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the high beam bulb.
HID low beam headlight bulb
Standard low beam headlight bulb
High beam headlight bulb
- Place the headlight assembly in the proper position.
- Install the cover from the rear of the headlight assembly.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the three bolts and the headlight assembly.
- Install the radiator air deflector.