Question about 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Trouble code p0707
To look up OBD2 Codes. https://actron.com/code-lookup
Code P0422: Main Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank.
According to enginecodes.com " "Possible causes - Warm Up Three Way Catalytic converter deterioration or malfunction
- Exhaust system leaks
- Loose front or rear HO2Ss
- Faulty front heater O2 sensor
- O2 sensors harness is open or shorted
- O2 sensors poor electrical connection Code p0707: P0707 Transaxle range switch circuit malfunction (inhibitor switch) open/shorted; low voltage".
According to Ricksfreeautoadvice.com: "Here's how to adjust the switch to get the codes to go away
1) set the parking brake
2 Remove the air filter box assembly so you can access the transmission range switch.
3) Turn the key to the ON position, but do not start the vehicle. Move the shifter to the neutral position.
4) Align the alignment holes between the switch and the shift lever. Insert a 5mm drill bit into the adjustment hole to verify the proper alignment for the neutral position.
5) If the bit won't fit, the switch is out of alignment. Loosen the bolts and move the switch until you can insert the drill bit. Tighten the bolts to 96 INCH/lbs." I hope that helps.
Posted on Apr 13, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2010 | Buick LeSabre Cars & Trucks
Sep 28, 2010 | 1999 Buick Regal
Aug 04, 2010 | 2008 Saturn VUE
May 06, 2010 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Feb 20, 2010 | 1997 Hyundai Elantra
Jul 30, 2009 | 1996 Volkswagen Passat
Jan 27, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
Aug 03, 2008 | 2000 Kia Sephia
Jul 04, 2008 | 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: