Question about Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Transmission Control Module
Before condemning the transmission, I
would check the shift cable for proper operation. Look at the side of
the transmission where the shift cable attaches. Have someone shift the
transmission from PARK to FIRST. The engine should not be running. If
the operating lever on the transmission moves, then you probably do
have an internal transmission problem.
If the operating lever does not move, you have a broken shift cable or it has popped of it's attachments at the operating lever or gear shift handle.
A bad Transmission Control Module (TCM) would not keep it from shifting. In the event of a bad TCM, the transmission would go into fail safe mode and you could continue driving the vehicle.
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
souds like you need a new throttle valve and once youve got tyat you need to carry out basic settings on the valve to adapt the valve to ecu good luck gtiR out.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
There is no dipstick on these vehicles like u
will find on older american cars.
The transmission fluid can only be checked when the transmission fluid temperature is between 35 to 45 degrees celcius.
The only way to know the fluid temp is with a diagnostic scan tool. At that point you remove the fill plug in the bottom of the transmision pan and fill with fluid until fluid drains back out. Use only genuine VW fluid part number G 052162A2 or you will damage the transmision. If you fill with fluid while tranny is to cool you will over fill and damage the transmission. If you fill with fluid when the tranny is to hot you will underfill and run a slight risk of damaging the transmission. The fill plug and drain plug are next to each other so make sure you are removing the right one.
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
SOURCE: maurhow do i check transmission
How to check & change oil in automatic transmission on 2004 VW Passat 1.8 Turbo
At the bottom of the automatic gearbox (tiptronic) you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) checking:
1. Requirements for check:
1.1. Vehicle standing on level surface.
1.2. Transmission must not be in fail-safe mode.
1.3. Shift lever in "P" position, parking brake applied.
1.4. Engine idling.
1.5. Air Conditioner and heater OFF.
1.6. ATF temperature must not exceed 104 Fahrenheit degree (40 Celsius degree) at start of test.
1.7. Only ATF with designation ESSO LT 71 141 may be used. Do not use any lubricant additives.
1.8. Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - part number: G 052 162 A2 (1 liter wrapping)
1.9. An ATF level check when transmission oil temperature is too low results in overfilling, when too high results in underfilling.
2. CAUTION: Too much or too little ATF will affect the operation of the transmission. The ATF level must be checked at regular intervals.
3. The oil level is correct if a slight amount of oil runs out when ATF temperature is between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg) (caused by increase of oil level when heated). For warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg).
4. Hang filled ATF reservoir VAG 1924 as high as possible.
5. Shift lever in "P" position, engine running at idle.
6. Place oil drip pan under transmission oil pan.
7. Remove ATF filler plug (at the bottom of the automatic gearbox you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up.
8. With ATF temperature between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg), for warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg), a slight amount of oil will flow from filler hole when ATF level is correct.
9. If necessary drain or top off ATF to attain correct oil level. Top ATF with filler hook from VAG 1924 ATF reservoir. Insert VAG 1924 (tool) ATF reservoir filler hook into filler hole and top off until a slight amount of oil flows from filler hole.
NOTE: Fit filler hook into one of the oil deflector cap slots placed on the filler opening.
CAUTION: Do not press filler hook upward or oil deflector cap can be pushed off.
10. Reinstall ATF filler plug. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Posted on Feb 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 09, 2017 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
Sep 26, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 09, 2015 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
May 25, 2010 | 2002 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 20, 2009 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
May 12, 2009 | 1998 Volkswagen Passat
Dec 03, 2017 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!