Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do I find out how old & where to get parts

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Cars & Trucks Master
  • 301 Answers

There a number of places to get old parts,
You have to call up and ask..

Posted on Apr 08, 2015

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

05 maxima put in reverse backed up pulled it forward went to back up acts like it wants to go but slips real bad

torque converter solenoid requires replacement. Look it up on Youtube for detailed replacement... it's not difficult, just be clean and have both a new think blade paint spatula and safety razor blade handy to scrape away the old gasket once you remove the old part. Use Simple Green to clean up the area all around it before you remove the old part... cleanliness is the key to prevent dirt and any old gasket remnants from ruining the new part your about to install.

Jun 16, 2015 | 2005 Nissan Maxima

1 Answer

Will 1997 dogde ram 1/2 ton 4x4 parts interchange with a 2000 dogde ram 1/2 ton 4x4

Yes, they will interchange, although you might run into different brake calipers, and different gear ratios. 2000 models have stiffer springs, and double piston brake calipers, but you could use your old springs to retain your old ride height, Im sure with your old parts, and newer parts, you shouldn't have any problems mix and matching what you need. Everything will bolt right up, even if you have to use your old calipers on the newer fron axle or vice versa. Im 98% sure you won't have any problems swapping in 2000 year parts to your 1997 year truck.

Dec 05, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

K iignition problem

Take both the old one and the new one to AUTO ZONE, with your purchase ticket. Hopefully, they made a mistake and will replace your part with the correct one. This time, they will have the old part to compare and make sure that they give you the right one.

Sep 19, 2012 | 1990 Honda Accord

1 Answer

Installed new calipers tires wont go back on

You have the wrong part if you have the old part compare,I always check with the old part just to make sure because not all auto parts are right.

Apr 20, 2011 | 1991 Buick LeSabre

1 Answer

I need to know the length of the battery cables, as I am replacing the old.

All you do is go to an auto parts store
or dealer and buy what you need.

You don't need to know how long they are

You take your old ones and any old part to
match up,always

Feb 04, 2011 | 1996 Ford Explorer

1 Answer

Will a 1999 saturn sl2 water pump fit in a 1991 saturn sl1

I would not remove a 20 year old part, and install an 11 year old used part when a new part is only $30.00. I would not go to the trouble of removing any 11 year old part from any vehicle, especially if it involved removing an engine mount, a serpentine belt, and a cam chain cover, when a new part is only $30.00. I would not attempt to swap any engine parts between DOHC and SOHC engines even if the blocks are the same. Do not put in used wear items as you will end up doing it right again in a few months.

Dec 11, 2010 | 1991 Saturn SL1

1 Answer

Front end support is rusting away, the hollow metel arms that connect front end parts to chassis. can front axele support be replaced, and where do I buy the part.

On a car that old you are looking at junkyards for replacement parts. Most junkyards have an interchange and a parts inquiry service, they can find you parts if they are out there anywhere.
however you will have a hard time finding any parts for vehicles more than 10 years old. contact a junkyard and good luck

Nov 09, 2010 | 1985 Volkswagen Golf

1 Answer

2001 olds bravada airpump part PA66-M40 BROKE small vaccum attachment

that is not a part number for your olds, that is the number that was molded into the plastic part. pa66 is a plastic resin used on many automotive parts.

Apr 16, 2010 | 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada

1 Answer

2004 GMC Envoy Motor Blower Resistor help please..

I am having the same problem. Here is my part.
I cannot locate the part that I have removed from my vehicle anywhere on the web. I only find that other part. I called the dealer with the info posted here. I gave them the last 8 of my vin# and he said they had the part AND the adapter for $110.84. I'm heading to the dealer to pick it up now.

May 21, 2009 | 2004 GMC Envoy

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

75807 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22133 Answers

Randy Ohler

Level 3 Expert

14585 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides