Question about Cars & Trucks
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the crank sensor is located on back right side of engine by were the trans. bolts up.is the no start when could or hot?
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
SOURCE: fog lights staying on
1st most newer car cars have a timer delay that helps light the area you are in for a couple of seconds. You may have had the knob turned all the way up on the turn signal switch. The same thing will happened if this switch is turned all the way up, the interrior light will stay on. Turn the lights on with the switch and see if the fog lights come on, do this without the car running.Trun the lights off,see if the fog lights stay on then go out after a while.if so you have a delay on the fog lights or relay. You may need to replace the relay only. Part $ 15 trace fog light wiring to relay usually under hood away from water sources.......runjoe
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Hi, i have put together a step by step guide that will help you with this replacement job. Make sure the vehicle is in a cool state before starting this job.
* Drain some coolant into a clean container until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
* Remove the upper radiator hose connection from the thermostat housing.
* Loosen the housing bolts and remove the housing.
* Remove the gasket and scrape it carefully from the surface of the housing and the mounting surface on the engine. If the gasket remains on either of the surfaces, there will probably bea coolant leak after reassembly. Some engines use a rubber O-ring to seal a thermostat housing.
* Compare the size of the thermostat to the old one. They are of different sizes, types, and temperature ratings.
* The temperature rating is stamped on the sensing bulb on the bottom of the thermostat. The temperature bulb faces the block.
* When replacing a thermostat, be sure that the thermostat fits into the groove in the block or outlet housing. If the thermostat is installed upside down, the engine will overheat.
* Install the gasket.
* Reinstall the thermostat housing. Refill the system and run the engine or pressure test to check for leaks.
* When the engine has reached operating temperature make sure the thermostat opens.
* You should be able to see coolant circulating within the radiator.
* Another way of checking thermostat operation is to feel the top of the radiator hose or use a thermometer or multimeter with a temperature probe to confirm that the coolant is warming up.
* If the engine is overheating, but the top hose is still cool to the touch, the thermostat is stuck closed and must be replaced.
When a paper gasket is used and the recess is in the thermostat housing, it is a good practice to position the thermostat into the recess and glue the gasket to hold it in place. If it falls out of its groove during installation, the outlet housing can be cracked or a coolant leak will result. Before tightening the water outlet housing, try to rock it back and forth to be sure it is flush. Housings are often cracked during this step.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
FUEL PUMP IS LOCATED IN FUEL TANK..FILTER IS LOCATED ON TOP OF PUMP MODULE..A NEW PUMP WILL NORMALLY COME WITH THIS FILTER..YOU MUST REMOVE FUEL TANK FROM VEHICLE TO REPLACE THESE COMPONENTS..IF YOUR NOT SURE YOU CAN DO THIS,I WOULD TALK TO A REPAIR SHOP..FUEL CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2015 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
May 04, 2015 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 25, 2015 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 21, 2011 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Sep 29, 2009 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 22, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
May 23, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!