a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
www.cargurus.com > Questions > Honda > Civic Coupe
CarGurusJul 9, 2008 - Get someone to turn it over and see if it is getting spark. ... i have the same issue with my 1993 civic lx it has a 1.5 sohc non-vtec i changed ... comes wen the 2nd click of the main relay it doesn't occurs until after few minutes, few .... My 2000 Honda Civic Ex Vtec will not start, has a new tps, new throttle body, ...
Dec 31, 2012 - Difference Between a No Start and a No Crank Condition. ... can cause your 1.6L Honda Civic (Civic del Sol) to Crank but Not Start. ... In other words, the engine doesn't turn over at all. ... 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000.
Oct 21, 2013 - Uploaded by SkzDaniel
Honda Civic won't start or crank with the clutch but goes on when you push start it. ... 2000 Honda Civic LX with new battery and starter. Still will ...
Aug 21, 2013 - Uploaded by Robert SnyperMD
2000 Honda Civic LX with new battery and starter. Still will not start. ... Crank, No Start Diagnosis Honda Coil test. - Duration: 11:17. by ...
Which is the problem, no fire, or no crank. No fire means to spark to engine, but engine turns over fine. No crank means engine won't turn over when key is turned. I'm assuming engine will not turn over. Three most common problems. 1. Weak battery (get tested at auto parts store). Will hold charge for short time once started, but loses it when sits overnight. 2. Bad starter. Possible but not likely, still not out of the question. 3. Bad battery cables. This is an easy test. Take a pair of jumper cables and bypass the battery cables by connecting black side of jumper cable to "-" of battery and block of engine, and red of jumper cables to "+" of battery and (tap) Battery terminal post on starter...engine should turn over. Ensure you take all safety precautions to prevent car from moving during this procedure. Best of luck resolving this problem.
Not sure I am following your question. If the engine cranks, the battery starter and alternator are working. If you have to crank the engine for an extended period of time, it is not getting spark or fuel or both. If it happens mainly during cold weather, and the first start of the day, I would check fuel pressure before and after you crank it.
Have it checked for DTC'S - diagnostic trouble code's . I suspect the problem is with the tdm module or the ignition switch ???? Assuming will only get you into trouble . If the PCM - engine computer does not see the right coded meassage from the TDM it won't turn on the fuel injectors or it will cut them off in two seconds . . Buick Security Systems 1998 Chevy is the same .
Ignition Key With Wrong Resistor Pellet Code is Used To Start Engine
The theft deterrent module performs one of the two following actions when you attempt to start the vehicle with a wrong ignition key:
• There are 15 PASS-Key® II resistance ranges. The PASS-Key® II resistance may be one of the 14 valid but incorrect PASS-Key® II resistance ranges. The theft deterrent module will perform the following actions when you attempt to start the vehicle (if the condition is present during an engine start attempt or for 1 second any time after the engine has started):
• Turns on the SECURITY indicator
• Sends a password to the PCM through the fuel enable signal circuit
• The password disables fuel delivery to the engine.
• Disables the theft deterrent relay, which disables the starter circuit
• Disables sampling of the PASS-Key® II resistance for 3 minutes
• The 3 minute time period is called the shut-down period.
• Disconnecting the battery will not clear the timer sequence. The timer sequence will resume when battery power is restored.
• Inserting the proper key during the vehicle shut-down period will not start the engine. The engine will not start until the shut-down period has elapsed.
• After the shut-down period, the engine will start if the correct ignition key resistor pellet is used.
• The PASS-Key® II resistance may be correct and allow the engine to start. Later during the same ignition cycle, the PASS-Key® II resistance may be one of the 14 valid but incorrect resistance ranges. The theft deterrent module will perform the following actions:
• Enters the fail-enable mode
• Turns ON the SECURITY indicator
• Sends a password to the PCM through the fuel enable signal circuit when more attempts to start the engine occur
• The password allows the fuel enable circuit to deliver fuel to the engine.
• Enables the theft deterrent relay, which also enables the starter circuit.
Ignition Key With Correct Resistor Pellet Code is Used To Start Engine
The theft deterrent module performs the following actions when the correct ignition key is used in order to start the vehicle:
• Enables the theft deterrent relay. The theft deterrent relay enables the starter unit.
• Sends a password to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) through the fuel enable signal circuit. As a result, the PCM allows fuel delivery to the engine.
I have exactly the same problem started last winter, ran fine all summer then as soon as it got below freezing again if I start it and run for 15 20 minutes wont restart I have to let it sit for 20 minutes or so and then it will start again. no codes and just turns over without starting. cant be fuel pump like i said had this problem last winter then ran fine all spring summer and fall! Anybody got the answer for this one??
Have the battery load-checked at Autozone or similar business. Make sure to run 10w-30, or 5w-20 oil in the engine depending on start temperatures for minimal loading on the starter. Unless the engine has a lot of miles, you should not be needing any tune-up procedures yet. You could have a cold-start fuel-enrichment problem that is not sufficiently problematic to be registered by the engine computer.
STARTER IS LOCATED ON ENGINE BELOW FRONT EXHAUST MANIFOLD..JUST TO THE RIGHT OF THE OIL FILTER ON V6 ENGINES..STARTER MAY ONLY NEED BRASS CONTACTS INSIDE..FAIRLY COMMON ITEM..STARTER HAS TO BE REMOVED TO ACCESS THESE CONTACTS..SHOULD HAVE BARRERY POWER ON MAIN CABLE COMING TO STARTER AND POWER ON SMALL WIRE WHEN CRANKING..MAKE SURE ENGINE GROUND IS OK AS WELL