Question about 2008 Ford Escape
Posted on Apr 23, 2015
I'm not for sure how the escapes remote works, but if you have a users manual it should tell you. I haven't had any problems with mine, but it sounds like your's might need to be reset? I have a buick century that a similar problem has happened with. If you don't have a manual try going down to the local ford dealer and asking about one. Hope this helps in any way it can. :)
Posted on Apr 08, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 29, 2011 | 2005 Pontiac G6
Jan 21, 2011 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
You should see three buttons on the driver sun shade. Let's name them from left to right 1,2, and 3. Start by clearing any old codes. To clear codes press buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously until the light starts blinking. Release the buttons simultaneously. Before starting to program the car remotes you must have your gate hand held remote ready with a good charged battery. Now, to program your first gate car remote let's choose button 1. Press button 1 until it start blinking (about 20 seconds). Keeping button 1 pressed, activate your hand held remote close (about an inch) from the car button 1, until the light blinks faster than before. Release both remotes simultaneously. You are done programming your car remote button 1. For two additional gates remote controls programming repeat the procedure with button 2 and then with button 3.
Nov 13, 2010 | 2001 Lexus RX 300
Oct 28, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
May 10, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 03, 2010 | 2007 Saturn Aura XR Sedan
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: