Question about GMC Jimmy
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 98 gmc jimmy front hub
1. Put the vehicle in gear, apply the parking brake and break loose the driveaxle/hub nut with a socket and large breaker bar.
2. Loosen the wheel lug nuts, raise the vehicle and support is securely on lackstands. Remove the wheel. Remove the driveaxle/hub nut.
3. Unbolt the brake caliper and hang it out of the way with wire. Remove the brake disc.
4. On models with four wheel ABS, trace the electrical lead for the wheel speed sensor along the upper control arm, then forward along the frame rail and unplug the electrical connector.
5. Remove the hub assembly-to-steering knuckle bolts. Remove the brake disc shield and wheel speed sensor assembly and set aside.
6. Tap the hub assembly from side-to-side to break it loose from the steering knuckle. Pull the hub assembly off the end of the driveaxle. Wrap the end of the driveaxle with a rag to prevent damaging it. If the hub is stuck on the splines on the end of the driveaxle, use a puller to free it.
7. Installation is reverse of removal process. Be sure to lubricate the driveaxle splines with multi-purpose grease, and tighten all of the fasteners to the proper torque.
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
take both frt skid plates off lift motor to ease pressure on mount undo mount center bolt raise motor abit more undo bolts to mount at motor
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
u will need a steering wheel puller,u will have to disharm and take airbag off if equip.,i would suggest to get manual it explains step by step procedure!
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
SOURCE: Drivers Side Door Handle
You need to take inside door panel off This just clips on but there are screws in armrest and inside door handle look for any other small square covers that may hide screws Lift panel up Make sure window is up Disconnect wiring from panel and you can now get at door handle linkage and bolts
Posted on Jul 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2015 | GMC Jimmy Cars & Trucks
Sep 10, 2011 | 1994 GMC Jimmy
Mar 24, 2011 | 2002 GMC Yukon XL
Feb 16, 2010 | 2001 GMC Jimmy
Feb 12, 2010 | GMC Jimmy Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2010 | 1997 GMC Sierra K2500
Jul 10, 2009 | 1989 GMC S-15 Jimmy
Jun 27, 2009 | 1997 GMC Jimmy
Apr 02, 2009 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Nov 14, 2008 | 1989 GMC Suburban
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: