Hello here is the instructions for programming the key fobs
This procedure will add, replace, or invalidate all key fobs. This procedure requires that you have a known good key fob available, a new/replacement key fob, the vehicles mechanical key, and a scan tool.
Method 1 is also used for the initial programming of fobs to a new replacement RCDLR. In this instance, the new RCDLR comes ready to learn the first key fobs introduced. Perform the learn procedure as outlined, with the exception that the new RCDLR does not require a known good key fob be placed within the interior of the vehicle.
This procedure is not available when the maximum number of fobs (4) have been programmed. If 4 key fobs are programmed to this RCDLR and this method is attempted, the driver information center (DIC) will display MAX FOBS LEARNED and the programming procedure will exit. Methods 2 or 3 must be used in this instance.
- The vehicle must be OFF.
- Place a known key fob and any new/replacement key fob(s) to be programmed in the cupholder inside the vehicle. DO NOT place any fobs in the console fob pocket at this time.
- Insert the vehicle key in the driver door lock cylinder located in the driver door handle and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds.
- The DIC will display a message: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 2, 3, or 4).
If the DIC displays: OFF/ACC TO LEARN, the known fob has not been recognized. At this time, programming will revert to Method 2.
- If the DIC is displaying the correct fob number that needs to be programmed, skip ahead to step 9.
- If the DIC is not displaying the correct fob number that needs to be changed (i.e., the DIC is displaying: READY FOR FOB 3, and you wish to program FOB 1), use the scan tool to access the following:
Vehicle Control Systems
Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
Program Key Fobs
- Select the fob position you wish to program:
Note: Selecting Invalidate All Fobs will erase any known fobs and will cause the DIC to prompt READY FOR FOB 1, requiring all fobs to be relearned to the vehicle.
Invalidate All Fobs
Program Fob 1
Program Fob 2
Program Fob 3
Program Fob 4
- With the fob position selected, press the PROGRAM soft key on the scan tool. The DIC should display: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 1, 2, 3 or 4, depending on the selected position)
- With the DIC displaying the correct fob position that is to be programmed, place the new/replacement key fob in the console fob pocket with the buttons facing forward.
- A beep will occur once the fob has been learned.
- If programming additional key fobs and there is no DIC prompt that indicates READY FOR FOB X, repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Exit programming mode by pushing the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition switch.
Note: Failure to exit programming mode (press OFF/ACC) prior to pressing the UNLOCK button of each key fob programmed will result in that fob being inoperative. Pressing the UNLOCK button completes the programming sequence and is require to ensure transmitter operation.
- Press the UNLOCK button on each key fob that was programmed to finalize the programming and confirm system operation.