Question about 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
How can I remove the inside door panel on my 2007 Chevy Tahoe ?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Door Panel removal
remove all visable screws from panel and arm rest. Arm rest should come off. Use a flat thin tool or piece of metal and slip it between the panel and the metal door frame. Slip it in about 2 inches,. Slide it back or forth til you hit a stop. That should be a plastic pop in.twist metal tool to pull panel away from the door. It should pop away from door frame. Don't overdo it if it doesn't come out. try another spot. once you get one loose, you can tell how to get the others out. Once panel is loose push it upwards to get top lip out of window bottom. If it has power windows,disconnect plug. If it has manual windows, you will have to remove the window crank There is a snap ring behind window crank that has to be removed.push in on panel by window crank and you can see the ring.
Posted on Dec 06, 2008
You need to go to the dealer and have them check the codes. The factory has a reflash for the sliding door and liftgate modules for this type of problem the codes it might have for this is INCOMPLETE POWER OPEN - EXCESSIVE HALL EFFECT SIGNAL the flash is resetting obstacle detection values. But you need to go to the dealer, this can be only one possible cause. I have fixed many vans that has had these 2 codes. There is a bulletin from chyrsler for this.
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
I would try to test the ground the motor first, also you can duplicate the ground with no consequence. If the motor is real dirty/ dusty, you may be able to clean it and ck the brushes in it while you are there.
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
This is how to replace it on a 1996 Blazer 4dr.
First, go buy the part you need at Rockauto. The link is for a 1996, but make sure you order it for your vehicle. Just do a search for a Window Actuator Rod Retainer. Rock Auto requires you order a pair of these, so make sure you order two. Each one has two of them in there so you will have 3 extras.
Window Actuator Rod Retainers - RockAuto.com
To open the window in the mean time while you are waiting for the part, do the following.
1. Remove the two screws on the door handle so you can pull back the door panel.
2. Pull back panel on top in the middle where it rises.
3. Reach in with a screw driver or your fingers to push down the lever. It's a metal piece on the left side against the wall to the inside of the blazer.
4. Open window and tailgate and remove screws on the sides of the tailgate. There is one on each side. Make sure it is the one fartest out and on the plastic panel.
5. Once the screws are removed, pull up on half the panel that is farthest out from the truck. Slide out away from the truck. The panel should come off with a little effort. Do not pull up on the panel closest to the truck, you will break the hooks that hold it in. I broke two on mine. The panel will slide away from the truck pretty easily.
6. Remove the screws holding the middle metal panel down. There are about 12 screws. They are the 9/32 socket screws.
7. Pull the metal panel up, first dislodge the metal poles connected to the two white clips on each side in the center of the panel.
8. You will now see your actuator with the broken blue clip.
9. Pop off the blue retainer from the actuator. This will take some effort but it will pop off. (here's where you can replace the actuator if it's not making a sound)
10. Place one end of the retainer into the loose metal piece that rotates (left arrow in third picture) and then pop the other end back on to the actuator.
11. Replace the metal panel and clip the poles back into the white clips.
12. Make sure your door handle rod is clipped into the lock before you close the tailgate. If not, you have to work at opening it again by sliding you arm down between the plastic panel and it's not easy.
13. Replace everything. Before you close the door, make sure the door handle works and make sure the actuator is connected.
14. You should now be able to use your tailgate window again!
I am taking a guess your trying to remove the tailgate panel to fix this problem???
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2016 | 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
Nov 26, 2015 | 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
Aug 08, 2015 | 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Nov 25, 2012 | 2007 Lincoln MKX AWD
Jul 27, 2011 | 2007 Chevrolet Uplander
May 10, 2010 | 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
Mar 13, 2010 | Chevrolet Tahoe Cars & Trucks
Jun 22, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
Nov 16, 2008 | 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS New Cars
416 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!