Question about Proton Cars & Trucks
IF I MOVE THE CABLE AT HE TERMINAL THE ENGINE TURNS ONCE AND DIES AGAIN
Check first if terminals at battery are correctly connected and tight, what you described can be immobilizer fault, can be power supply to distribution can be coil or even fuel problem. as you did not provided model - only general advice can be given...
1. tighten up all terminals (battery, immobilizer, coil, distributor)
2. check battery - fully charge if needed
3. check if spark is at spark plug on all cylinders
4. check if immobilizer is working by cutting it off the circuit (you need to key it off and then connect directly wires connected to it)
now, your fuel... this will be most probable cause
1. change inline fuel filter
2. check if fuel is reaching the pump/carby (you did not provided model - too many variations for detail)
this will be most "popular" reasons for cutting off, any other - unfortunately - you need mechanic and run computer diagnostic...
if you find this short advice helpful - do not forget to vote...
Posted on Apr 02, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 22, 2016 | 2007 Proton Satria Neo
Jan 05, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 19, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 12, 2014 | 1994 Buick Skylark
Apr 29, 2012 | 1992 Pontiac Grand Am
Mar 25, 2011 | Volkswagen Beetle Cars & Trucks
Sep 13, 2010 | 1997 Volkswagen Golf
Jul 28, 2009 | Chevrolet 2500 Cars & Trucks
Jun 09, 2009 | 1991 Toyota Camry
Apr 17, 2009 | 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: