Question about 2000 Cadillac Escalade
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The problems you are describing indicate to me that you likely need to replace the coil pack that runs from the spark plugs ,and the plug wires end up at it.It also may be the spark plug wires,get a water bottle and spray the wires after dark and if you get a light show from them then replace them,if not,replace the coil pack.
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
SOURCE: 2003 2500hd rough idle and
Sounds like a defective knock sensor. These bring on multiple misfire codes with little change to performance. Check your oil level too, this can make knock detection codes come on unnecessarily. Hope this helped...
Posted on Mar 08, 2011
P0174 FORD - Fuel Injection System Too lean Bank 2http://engine-codes.com/p0174_ford.htmlForum CodePossible causes- Intake air leaks
- Faulty front heated oxygen sensor
- Ignition misfiring
- Faulty fuel injectors
- Exhaust gas leaks
- Incorrect fuel pressure
- Lack of fuel
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection Tech notes The codes is usually set when there is an intake leak after the air flow meter, before replacing any parts check for loose or broken hoses and intake gasket leak. On Ford some models dirty air filter, and dirty or faulty air flow sensor are the cause of the problem.
It's a very common problem for the Ford Windstar. Here a link to a web site with information how to repair:
When is the code detected?- Fuel injection system does not operate properly.
- The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too small. (The mixture ratio is too lean.) Symptoms- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Excessive Fuel ConsumptionP0174 FORD Description The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the engine Air/Fuel mixture ratio, the actual mixture ratio can be brought closely to the theoretical mixture ratio based on the mixture ratio feedback signal from the heated oxygen sensors 1. The PCM calculates the necessary compensation to correct the offset between the actual and the theoretical ratios.
In case the amount of the compensation value is extremely large (The actual mixture ratio is too lean.), the PCM judges the condition as the fuel injection system malfunction and light up the engine light.
Posted on Oct 08, 2012
I had a head gasket going when I have a rough idle. Just weeping coolant past the number 1 cylinder. When I pulled the head the piston was all shiny and steam cleaned. $500 dollars all good now.
Posted on Nov 04, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2015 | 2000 Cadillac Escalade
Mar 28, 2014 | 2005 Ford Five Hundred
Jan 05, 2014 | 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Nov 27, 2013 | Cadillac Escalade Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2013 | Cadillac DeVille Cars & Trucks
Jul 15, 2010 | 2001 Cadillac Catera
Oct 13, 2009 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext
Jan 04, 2009 | 2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: