Question about 1998 Toyota Corolla
The immobiliser does not switch the ignition on when the remote button is pressed
Never try to reset the Immobilizer. It is advised to consult a programming personnel.
Posted on Apr 13, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You will have to by a new remote,I don,t think you can by pass the computer.
Posted on Feb 16, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2016 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
on Feb 19, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 19, 2016 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Sep 27, 2015 | Honda Cars & Trucks
1. Turn the Ignition switch to the accessory position using the key without the remote plip attached.
2. Hold the Plip key close to the central locking receiver mounted in the roof console.
3. Press the large plip button and then the small plip button on the remote.
4. Repeat for second Plip key if required.
5. Turn the ignition OFF.
6. After 5 seconds the Plip should now operate.
1.Switch off the ignition
2. Switch on the ignition
3. Immediately after switching on the ignition, press the large remote button
4. The remote should now be working again.
Jan 07, 2011 | 2005 Peugeot 405
Oct 19, 2010 | 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio
Mar 30, 2010 | 1991 Lexus LS 400
Nov 28, 2008 | 1998 Audi A6
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!