Question about 2009 Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala LT
Code b001b What are we supposed to do with this?
Code B001b is for Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) for Air bag.
2. If not, click it in and retest.
3. If the codes reset, disable the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system.
4. Substitute a 2.0 to 2.2 ohm resistor for the passenger seat belt anchor pretensioner. Refer to Tech Tips for a load tool.
5. Retest for the code to reset.
6. If the code resets, check for harness problems between the seat belt anchor pretensioner and the Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM).
Tech Tips: At the beginning of the 2009 model year, the Impala began being equipped with two pre tensioners for the driver and two pre tensioners for the front passenger. The first pretensioner is still attached to the seatbelt retractor. The second pretensioner is attached to the anchor point for the seat belt.
A load tool can be fashioned from an 1157 light bulb and socket. Turn the bulb into the socket. Using an ohmmeter, determine which 2 wires have 2 - 3 ohms of resistance. Use those 2 wires as the load tool.
Posted on Mar 30, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2016 | 2012 Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala LT
Jun 25, 2016 | 2009 Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala LT
Sep 06, 2015 | 2009 Chevrolet Impala
Jul 25, 2015 | 2008 Chevrolet Impala LT
Apr 19, 2013 | 2009 Chevrolet Impala
Nov 22, 2012 | 2006 Chevrolet Chevrolet Impala LT
Feb 18, 2012 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
451 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: