Question about 2000 Dodge Durango
Let's play detective. Bear with me while I ask some questions. You just might find the answer to your problem.
- Why did you replace the starter?
- Do you know that the starter you installed is the correct one, that it works, and that it is correctly connected.
- Is the battery fully charged?
- Is the heavy cable connected from the battery to the solenoid, and from the solenoid to the starter?
- If you short across the big terminals of the solenoid, does the starter engage?
Odds are that once you've checked these you will have found the problem.
WORK SAFE! You're dealing with electrical power, and a potentially running engine. Transmission in neutral or Park. Parking brake ON.
Go slow and ponder what it is that you're going to do and what you want to happen when you do it.
Posted on Mar 29, 2015
Well it would be nice if you answered Teds questions. Why did you replace the starter. Is it possible the motor is seized. I would go back over the basics. Your batteries voltage may be fine but the cranking amps may be weak. Which explains why it turns over when pulled and clicks when installed. Have your battery tested along with the starter. Check your connections. Double check your wiring. Have another set of fresh eyes over see the work you have done, as frustration and being desperate can consume your mind.
Posted on Mar 31, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I HAVE A 1995 ISUZU
Could be one of two things.
1. Your starter motor is no good.
2. If you turn on your lights and try to start the car and they dim to almost black, then you need to check the battery connections.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2015 | 2000 Mercury Mountaineer
Aug 01, 2014 | 2003 Ford Taurus
Apr 11, 2014 | Mitsubishi Eclipse Cars & Trucks
Jan 19, 2014 | 2000 Toyota Camry
Jun 11, 2013 | 2003 Ford Explorer Sport
Feb 11, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 25, 2009 | 2000 Ford Taurus
Mar 19, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: