Question about 2004 Volkswagen Passat
The radio serial no .... VWZ2Z2D4438647
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of programming for 2004 Volkswagen Passat radio is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Please do rate my response. Thanks!
Posted on Feb 12, 2011
I left my radio on for one hour, then re enter the code (the one I was trying to enter was the wrong one). Radio is working well.
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
I assume you have this unlocked by now, but here's an answer for someone else for the future :-)
if you have the original radio that come with the car, look in the wheel well in the trunk, where the spare tire goes. (yep, you'll need to stand on your head). there is a sticker that will have the 4-digit code on it.
enter that into the radio.
I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is, but either the >> Scan or the am/fm button will be the "enter key"
Posted on May 26, 2009
Wiih most radio units....If you have the proper code and have NOT tried more than 15 times to enter an incorrect code....you should be ok.
Turn OFF ignition switch and remove the key. Switch OFF interior lights. Switch ON Radio unit and SAFE will appear.
Leave everything alone for a period of ONE HOUR. During this time NO power (no matter how small) should be drawn from the battery. This is why the interior lights MUST NOT come ON when the door is opened. Trunk should also remain closed. In the event of any power been drawn from the battery in this time...You must start all over again.
Radio should after this time return to standard mode...Usually 4 flashing bars. Then enter your code. Dont forget to lock in the code and all should be fine
All the best with it
Posted on Dec 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2011 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Jan 23, 2011 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Jan 19, 2011 | 1992 Volkswagen Passat
May 25, 2010 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Nov 26, 2009 | 1998 Volkswagen Passat
Nov 13, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
Oct 12, 2009 | 2001 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 28, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
Sep 26, 2008 | 1994 Volkswagen Passat
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: