Question about 2004 Ford Freestar

1 Answer

How to fix the antifreeze in the engine block

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Ford Master
  • 5,680 Answers

You have leaking antifreeze intake gasket.Put headgasket fix.

Posted on Dec 05, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Over heating flush it out cant get filled back up

If you have a back flush kit on the engine, use it to fill the engine. It will help push air pockets out of the block. Fill it with water, then run the engine until the t/stat opens and air is pushed into the radiator. Add water until the radiator is full. Run engine long enough to be sure there are no more air pockets in the block. Let engine cool a while then let water out of the drain petcock until enough water is let out to make room for antifreeze. Add antifreeze then run engine until t/stat opens again . Top off radiator with more antifreeze.

Aug 08, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

We were told by Canadian Tire that the block heater is leaking.. we are confused if we should change the block heater or block core? when we had the water pump replaced we had heat for 20 minutes once all...

You block heater is a heater that should be screwed into the engine block.
Yes, it can leak.
You might need a new one, or you might need only to replace the gasket on the old one.
I'm in Florida, and I can't quite see the gasket from here!
Whenever you remove the block heater, or even when it leaks, you will get air into your cooling system, and then the heater will not work well, if at all.
Once you get the leaking block heater fixed, you will need to "bleed" the cooling system of that air.
How you do that is to run the engine at a medium speed with the car heater turned on full blast, and watch the coolant level in the radiator.
Be sure to keep the radiator full of coolant, and the water pump should pump the air out in about 5 minutes.
Be blessed.,

Feb 20, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 1988 GMC Sierra with an antifreeze/coolant leak between the engine block and transmission and above the flywheel. How do i fix it?


Mar 06, 2011 | 1988 GMC K2500

1 Answer

Have a antifreeze leak towards the back of the engine, is there more than one freeze plug?

Yes, actually they are casting plugs that hold the supports for the inner sand core that allow casting a water channel in the block. Steel plugs are hammered into these holes to seal up the block, and in the old days when people used alcohol antifreeze that often boiled off and left pure water in the block, and it froze. The expansion of freezing water pushed thes steel plugs out if you were lucky and did not split the block.

There is one of these plugs on the back of the engine, especially if the engine is a cast iron block. You may be able to put in some antifreeze that has more antileak compound than normal antifreeze. Check with a parts supply store. Also see

be aware that some sealants clog the radiator at times.

Jan 11, 2011 | 1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab

2 Answers

How would i know if i have a cracked block on my cavalier

  • Check to see if your engine is leaking oil and/or coolant. This causes your engine to overheat and if it's not fixed, it can cause it to freeze up.

  • 2

    Check your oil and antifreeze for contamination. If your oil or antifreeze looks different in any way, have it tested by a lab to determine if contamination has occurred.

  • 4

    Check the level of fluid in your radiator. If your car suddenly loses a lot of coolant or the level is very low, this can indicate a cracked block.

  • 5

    Look for excessive smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe.

  • 6

    Check the radiator's coolant mixture of antifreeze and water to determine if it has frozen.

  • 7

    Check to see if the engine has overheated severely. Overheating can be caused by another engine problem, but the effect of the overheating can be a cracked block.

  • Oct 18, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

    1 Answer

    1998 Civic. Engine ran hot, now won't turn over.

    sounds like a bad head gasket. Check the oil and look for foam to tell if antifreeze is getting into engine block.

    Jan 04, 2010 | 1998 Honda Civic

    2 Answers

    Have a head gasket problem. Combustion gases in my cooling system. Over 200,000 miles. Expensive to fix. Any quick fix suggestions. i.e. antifreeze plugging additive ?

    No Quick fixes here. If you have that is is either the head gasket or a cracked head or Cracked block. None of these is pleasant or cheap. The head Gasket or Head itself you could repair on your own but it will take some time. You should get this repaired as quick as possible before it does more damage to the engine.

    Sep 12, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Venture

    3 Answers

    Engine oil in antifreeze

    you have either cracked the block cracked the heads or taken out the headgaskets. this can be an expensive fix to do it right you will need to rebuild or replace the engine.

    May 21, 2009 | 1999 Saturn SL

    1 Answer

    Pinhole antifreeze leak coming from engine block

    GM has a sealing tab, helpful in similar situations. Inquire at the dealership parts counter. Hope this helps

    Apr 30, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Lumina

    2 Answers

    '90 Toyota Cressida Radiator Problems

    Antifreeze from the radiator does go into your engine to cool the engine down thats normal but if antifreeze is found in the engine oil then you have a problem, like bad head gasket or cracked engine head or engine block. Hope I answered your question. If I did leave me a FIX YA

    Aug 14, 2008 | 1990 Toyota Cressida

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    2004 Ford Freestar Logo

    Related Topics:

    60 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Ford Experts


    Level 3 Expert

    76848 Answers

    Colin Stickland
    Colin Stickland

    Level 3 Expert

    22246 Answers


    Level 3 Expert

    5546 Answers

    Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides