Question about Cars & Trucks
I need to know what I need for tools ?
You-- like everyone coming here--
do not even have a vehicle shown
You have to go out & buy new tools?
Usually you just go to your tool box a
few times & get what is needed
All you have to do is look at the bolts behind the
hub brgs assy & try a socket on them
You can watch You Tube Video on any hub R&R
Posted on Dec 03, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2017 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jan 01, 2011 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Removal & Installation
Oct 05, 2010 | 2003 Mini Cooper
Aug 03, 2010 | 2002 Jaguar X-Type
Apr 05, 2010 | 2000 Ford Focus
Jun 23, 2009 | 1985 Nissan Stanza
Feb 22, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Aug 28, 2008 | 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!