Question about 2004 Nissan Maxima
Check the fan blower motor under the hood, make sure all electrically wires are good & tight, also check your fuses
Posted on Dec 02, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2004 nissan maxima
I have the same issue with my 2004 maxima.The service techs said it was the timing chain tensioners .Since they are hydaulic and they powered by the oil in the car .It is recommended to purge the the engine every time the noise starts to come back. I brought some an it really freaking work because I started to run it into a tree and go buy a toyota
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
SOURCE: Car won't start
Hi, does the alarm shut off when you unlock the passenger door?
If it does not I will give you a test that you can do.
1. disconnect the harness anti-theft control module. (loctaion depend were you live USA next to fuse panel Canadian models above the glove box.) Check the continuity between Light Green/Black wire and Black wire of the anti-theft control module.
2. Continuity should not be there with the door lock in, lock or neutral position. With the door lock in-between lock and neutral position (any door) continuity should be present.
3. If continuity is as specified replace the anti-theft control module. If continuity is not as specified, check operation of the door lock switches.I will add that test at bottom.
4. If the door lock switches are ok check the continuity og LIGHT/BLACK wires between anti-theft control module and door lock switches. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between door lock switches and ground. Continuity should be present if Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
5. If Continuity is present, check continuity LIGHT GREEN and BLACK wire of anti-theft control module. Continuity should not be present with trunk lock in lock or neutral position. With trunk lock in-between lock and neutral position, Continuity should be present.
6. If Continuity is as specified replace anti-theft control module. If Continuity is not as specified, check operation of truck lock switches. If necessary replace trunk lock switch.
7. If trunk lock switch is ok, check Continuity og LIGHT GREEN wire between anti-theft control module and trunk lock switch. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between trunk lock switch and ground. Continuity should be present. If Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
DOOR LOCK SWITCHES
Disconnect 4-pin door lock switch connect (left and right front doors) With door lock in neutral, full lock or full unlock position, there should be no continuity between any terminal and BLACK wire terminal. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN?WHITE wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full lock position. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN/BLACK wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full unlock positions. If continuity is not as described, replaced door lock switch.
Hope this help its a place to start. let me know if you need anything else.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2013 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Dec 07, 2012 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
May 12, 2011 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Jan 29, 2010 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Oct 09, 2009 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Jul 09, 2009 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Nov 02, 2008 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Sep 28, 2008 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!