Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Hi i have a vics novelty wigglin hand that has a split in one of the fingers what kind of glue can i use to glue it its made of kinda soft rubber id probely need somthing that would bond right away thank you. Kcp

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    Visited the website for 3 consecutive days.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 79 Answers

Suggest that you use a flexible adhesive that will bend. Look at your local hardware store for silicon seal - make sure the surfaces are clean and dry. If you have any issues, you can peel it off after it dries and try again.

Posted on Nov 30, 2014


2 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 1129 Answers

SOURCE: rubber on the inside of car door door is ripped

Use a high grade two sided tape to repair or some high grade rubber base contact cement clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol completly before reattaching.

Posted on Jul 22, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to change spark plugs on chery qq te 2009 model

Not sure about exact model info - but locate the plugs, they might be under a plastic cover along the top of the motor. Do not over tighten the new ones - Aluminum is VERY soft, Id say no more than 1/4 turn after hand/finger tight..

Plug leads should be remembered or do one at a time..

Mar 22, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

2004 back window heat cord came unglued

Ask a windscreen replacing shop for ideas and failing that very careful use of Loctite 401 may fix the problem It is a super glue made for the purpose of fixing rear vision mirrors to windscreens. Ensure you have acetone or nail polish remover on hand in case you stick your fingers together.

Mar 05, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 91chevy pu 350 idles great but if i accelarate and hold it there it eventually starts puuling down till it almost dies then comes out of it and runs smooth again , kinda cycles like this ? any...

I have seen this before where there was a split on the rubber inlet pipe post air flow sensor. Only opened when revved due to the engine movement, try lookin at engine whilst some one revs the car to look for any splits, also try brake cleaner/easy start around inlets, etc if the engine speed picks up you know it's letting In air from that place. Hope that helps

Aug 12, 2012 | 1991 Chevrolet K1500

1 Answer

Loud whistle coming from around throttle body. Have used soapy water to find,with no luck.

Hi, Sounds like you may have a vacume leak and soap will just be sucked in to the motor.I would check for loose bolts on throttle body or rubber seals that are loose.Check for cracked rubber hoses also or loose hoses. Throttle body may have a split gasket as well.You can use a stethoscope that can be bought at auto parts to pin point noise or soft piece of paper. Thank Y for choosing FixYa.

Aug 28, 2011 | GMC K1500 Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

94 geo prizm has excessive engine vibration at idle and when driving

I have two vehicles that are 1993. When they get that old, rubber starts to dry rot. I have had the same problem on my 1993 Dodge Intrepid. My problem lies in the motor mounts and the transmission mounts. After replacing these items, it runs like a champ.

You can visually determine if you motor mounts are dry rotted. Look under the hood and, with a flashlight, look on either side of the motor. There should be a crossmember running parallel to the axles. On this crossmember will be two (one on either side) large rubber pieces sitting inside a metal holder. These are your motor mounts. If they are cracked and split, they need replacing. Also, if you can run your fingers across one and your fingers turn black, it is not oil... it's rubber powder.

Conclusion: If your motor mounts are dry and cracked, then so are your transmission mounts. You'll want to have them replaced by a professional. If installed by a novice or my a "Mom & Pop" garage, your new mounts may split under stress caused by improper installation... a headache you do not want.

Good Luck!

Feb 16, 2010 | 1994 Geo Prizm

1 Answer

Need to replace the LH mirror glass on and 08 tahoe, current one is broken. I have the part and just need to know how to pry the old one off without breaking anything

id heat it with a hair dry for a few mins get the old glue kinda sticky the pry it off but somtimes u have to just break the glass all off

Oct 17, 2009 | 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe

2 Answers

Drivers side door lock has been superglued shut

A debonder will soften cured CA (super glue). If parts are bonded incorrectly or your fingers are stuck together, a few drops will dissolve the CA in about a minute. Apply on bonded skin and roll apart fingers. Once stuck, use acetone to clean off softened CA, then wash off with soap and water.

Oct 01, 2009 | 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

2 Answers

Rubber on the inside of car door door is ripped

if you do use glue use a hot glue gun but becarefull not too touch the rubber with the gun

Jul 22, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Suburban

3 Answers

Noise coming from the carburator

hello there does it make a hissing or sucking kind of noise ? if so this sounds like there is a split in the induction pipe(the pipe that comes from the carb to the air filter), this would cause the car to take in to much air hence lack of acceleration,so check pipe for splits .also you could cup your hand round the pipe while someone is revving the car for you, work your way down the pipe to see if you can feel any suction if so the pipe is split thanx please rate me if you found this usefull

Jan 28, 2009 | 1993 Volkswagen Golf

1 Answer

Doors rattle

You could glue soft rubber blocks you have cut to suit and put in the appropriate places.Sounds like the door rubbers are a little worn.

Oct 13, 2008 | 1984 Ford F 150

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

41 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

79077 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

13685 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides