Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I've been troubleshooting this same problem on a different vehicle this week, and I can give you the steps I'd take.
1. If both sides went out at the same time, the problem is *NOT* likely to be the bulbs.
2. Check the fuses to see if both low beam lights are on the same fuse. Many cars have one fuse for low beam and another for high beam, so both lights out at the same time typically means fuse blown.
3. If the headlights are OK and the fuses are OK, then the problem is *LIKELY* the headlight switch. In my case, AutoZone has one and it can be installed easily; but in your case, that may not be as simple.
Please post your findings or comments.
Posted on Jul 16, 2008
I had the same problem. The solution to this is something called the turn signal/highbeam switch, located in your steering column. This switch has an actuator of some sort that goes bad after a while. It doesn't allow the actuator to turn back into regular headlight mode, instead disabling it. I went to my local junkyard and replaced it. Everything works now. Here is a link to anyone looking to solve their problem - http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Switches-and-Levers/Dodge/Intrepid/-/AM-38623751/
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
you may have a bad ground wire up by the head lights the ground spot should be with in a foot of one or the head ligghts
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Only high beams working on GMC Savana?---------- High beams stopped working but headlights still work? http://howtobyme.blogspot.com/2011/11/highbeams-stopped-working-but.html
---------- • Working of Headlight switch? ----------
• Both headlight bulbs blow together? ----------
• Car headlight bulbs don't last long?
------------ Only one head light works on 2001 Dodge Caravan? http://howtobyme.blogspot.com/2011/11/only-one-head-light-works-on-2001-dodge.html
these will help.
Nov 06, 2012 | 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jun 08, 2012 | 1991 Dodge Dakota
Aug 13, 2011 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Sep 14, 2010 | 1993 Dodge Ram 250
Feb 24, 2010 | 1991 Dodge Dakota
Jan 15, 2010 | 1991 Dodge Dakota
Dec 27, 2009 | 1991 Dodge Dakota
Dec 11, 2009 | 1992 Dodge Ram 250
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!