Question about Cars & Trucks
If the sound is only heard when braking, its the brakes; when rolling, its the wheel bearings; all the time, power steering fluid level.
Posted on Nov 07, 2014
It sounds like it could be a brake or brake drum issue. You should be able to get it looked at to determine if that is the problem. I wish you well. Don't put finding that out long. It could affect your vehicle safety and the well being of you or someone else.
Posted on Nov 07, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Car won't start
Hi, does the alarm shut off when you unlock the passenger door?
If it does not I will give you a test that you can do.
1. disconnect the harness anti-theft control module. (loctaion depend were you live USA next to fuse panel Canadian models above the glove box.) Check the continuity between Light Green/Black wire and Black wire of the anti-theft control module.
2. Continuity should not be there with the door lock in, lock or neutral position. With the door lock in-between lock and neutral position (any door) continuity should be present.
3. If continuity is as specified replace the anti-theft control module. If continuity is not as specified, check operation of the door lock switches.I will add that test at bottom.
4. If the door lock switches are ok check the continuity og LIGHT/BLACK wires between anti-theft control module and door lock switches. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between door lock switches and ground. Continuity should be present if Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
5. If Continuity is present, check continuity LIGHT GREEN and BLACK wire of anti-theft control module. Continuity should not be present with trunk lock in lock or neutral position. With trunk lock in-between lock and neutral position, Continuity should be present.
6. If Continuity is as specified replace anti-theft control module. If Continuity is not as specified, check operation of truck lock switches. If necessary replace trunk lock switch.
7. If trunk lock switch is ok, check Continuity og LIGHT GREEN wire between anti-theft control module and trunk lock switch. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between trunk lock switch and ground. Continuity should be present. If Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
DOOR LOCK SWITCHES
Disconnect 4-pin door lock switch connect (left and right front doors) With door lock in neutral, full lock or full unlock position, there should be no continuity between any terminal and BLACK wire terminal. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN?WHITE wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full lock position. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN/BLACK wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full unlock positions. If continuity is not as described, replaced door lock switch.
Hope this help its a place to start. let me know if you need anything else.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Most likely it's a wheel bearing going out.., If you turn to the right, or the left when driving the noise will change pitch. Been there done that.....
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
SOURCE: What are the torque specs
the torque are not mention out side any authorised workshop for that you need to visit the nearest authorised dealer or service centre & leave the rest of work to them without any hazard or trouble or either can start from a torque of 25 to 45 lbs. do not exeed the limit or other wise the nut or even the Axel can get broken in the prossess of facinating it so till then my friend have happy motoring & see you soon.!
Posted on May 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2017 | 1991 Nissan Maxima
Aug 25, 2014 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Oct 05, 2012 | 1998 Nissan Maxima
Nov 01, 2010 | 1992 Nissan Maxima
May 20, 2010 | 1995 Nissan Maxima
May 07, 2009 | 2005 Nissan Maxima
Apr 25, 2009 | 1997 Nissan Maxima
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!