Question about 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: programing keyless entry
If you have an owners manual the programming instructions are in there. If no manual here they are:
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Ground the receiver program terminal. Jump the two terminals located in the programing ground connector. (What this means in simple terms is locate the wires that run on the right side of the trunk. There is two black wires that has a plug on the end with two prongs. It is in between the antenna and tail lights.)
3. Within 2 seconds of connecting the prongs the door locks will lock. The unlock and the rear compartment lid release will produce a cycle, causing the horn to chirp. This indicates that the module is ready for reprogramming.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the doors lock and unlock. The rear compartment lid will release and the horn sounds to indicate that the transmitter has successfully been reprogrammed. (Hold buttons down for approximately 12 seconds)
5. Repeat the previous step for the remaining transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper at the program connector.
7. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
from the service manual:
There is no onboard programming procedure for this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote. Please go to the nearest GM dealer for assistance
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2014 | 2006 Chevrolet Malibu
Oct 29, 2013 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 09, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 27, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Sep 22, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 08, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Jun 18, 2009 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Jun 08, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 07, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 02, 2017 | 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS Sedan New Cars
1,748 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: