Question about 1997 Buick LeSabre
I have a 1995 and 1999 LeSabre and the radio removal is the same on both.
1. Carefully remove the AC vents from the dash.
2. In each of the AC openings are screws that hold the top of the dash trim in place.
3. Starting from the passenger door gently pry off the "wood" trim piece, It is held in place with metal clips and velcro.
4. Do the same as 3 from the driver side (short piece).
5. Remove the remaing screws from the bottem of the dash.
6. Move the Shift knob (requires key) all the way down.
7. Starting at each end of the dash slowly pry/pull each clip along the top of the dash from its mounting hole. Be careful not to crack the silver trim piece on the top of the dash (especially on top of the passenger airbag).
8. When the dash is free tilt the top in towards the car and wiggle it loose around the bottom (over the steering column) and the whole piece should come free.
This gives access to the radio, heater controls, speedo etc.
For the radio - three screws - antenna cable pop out. The harness needs a little more work. If your radio has a security feature (blinking light when car is off) make sure you know the security unlock code. Test the code before pulling the power to the radio.
Turn the radio over and carefully unlock the blue clip at the bottom of the plug. Then work the harness loose.
This sounds much worse than it is - it should take 15-30 minutes depending if you have all the tools close by. BTW those AC vents have a top and bottom - the larger hole goes on the bottom and they snap back in place.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
Takes a little work but normally they pull off, or carefully pry with something thin. Usually clips that snap into holes in dash are holding it.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
Rear defrost not working, poor radio reception
Posted on Jun 23, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2015 | 1997 Buick LeSabre
Nov 22, 2009 | 1991 Buick LeSabre
Nov 04, 2009 | 2005 Buick LeSabre
Sep 26, 2009 | 1996 Buick Century
Feb 12, 2009 | 1997 Buick LeSabre
Jan 27, 2009 | 1993 Buick LeSabre
Nov 29, 2008 | 2000 Lexus ES 300
Aug 31, 2008 | 2000 Buick Regal
2,432 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: