Question about 2000 Dodge Intrepid
We purchased a door latch to replace ours from Dodge. It came with instructions as follows:
Front Door Handle/Bezel Replacement for LH
1. Remove the front door trim panel using the procedures outlined in Section 23 of the appropriate service manual.
2. Place door trim panel on a clean work surface. Drill the mounting bosses' heat stakes, which attach the existing door handle/bezel to the panel, with a 21/64-drill bit. Take extra care to only drill in the center of each heat stake.
3. Remove existing handle/bezel from trim panel.
4. Clean the back of the trim panel of plastic fillings.
5. Seat the new handle/bezel into location.
6. Place the push nuts onto the handle/bezel bosses.
7. Use a 10 mm socket to install the push nuts all the way down on the mounting bosses to secure the handle/bezel onto the door trim panel. Using a wiggling side-to-side motion may be helpful.
8. Install the lock switch from the original handle/bezel to the new door handle/bezel.
9. Reinstall the door trim panel using the procedures outlined in Section 23 of the appropriate service manual.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2014 | 2000 Ford Expedition
May 23, 2013 | Chrysler 300M Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2011 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks
Mar 01, 2011 | 2002 Kia Sportage
Jan 15, 2011 | 1999 GMC Suburban
Jun 20, 2009 | 1992 Ford Explorer
May 30, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe
Mar 23, 2009 | 2003 Ford Explorer Sport
Sep 04, 2008 | 1991 Buick LeSabre
835 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: